1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Birdie145, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Birdie145

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    First post.

Don't know where to start!

I'm married, almost divorced.
    I had a relationship with my best friend years ago. I had always thought of myself as straight until this relationship. Now i'm single again i can acknowledge i am attracted to women.

I'm no spring chicken. My family - in particular my parents will react badly.

I'm living in a new area (putting distance between myself & my almost ex) in the UK. I don't want to spend my life living a lie, if that makes sense.
    Thanks.

2. Shadowsylke

Hi Birdie, and welcome! You will find this forum to be full of supportive and helpful folks, many of whom have gone through or are going through the same things are you are. You are not alone! (*hug*)

3. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ahhh Birdi, i can totally relate. im almost, please God, divorced as well. no relationship yet but came out after we split, plus i have my son from the marriage. im coming out slowly and like you i figured my elderly, very religious parents would react badly. they told me its my life, i cant change myself and they loved me. my son was totally accepting, not really planning on telling the STBX. not really a spring chicken myself hun. but we can live authentic lives even later in life. (*hug*) you can do this, just as i am trying to do this, the progress maybe slow but every step gets us somewhere.

4. High Art

Welcome, you've come to the right place :slight_smile:

5. Birdie145

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi, nice to hear i'm not alone! We have 2 adult kids, 1 is supportive & knows about my relationship with my friend, he was a bit shocked but he seems ok. The youngest is a different kettle of fish.

My Dad in particular will not deal with any of this well. My sister knows about my relationship with my friend, she couldn't wait to tell our parents. They pretend they don't know. Every now and then Dad gets on about me finding a "new man", lol. Families can be so strange!

I'd like to try and make some friends, i'm not ready for dating websites yet though.