1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rainbow Mommy Bracelet Got Noticed!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by bi2me, Nov 2, 2015.

1. bi2me

I was at my cousin's house last night with some other families (not related to us) that we didn't know, and one of the women asked to see my bracelet. She said, "I saw your rainbow bracelet, and I was looking around for your partner." I said, "Thanks, I love my Mommy Pride bracelet, and my husband is right there." I guess I could have said something about being bi, but it didn't seem necessary. :slight_smile:

#1 bi2me, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  2. CapColors

Cuuuuuuute!

I wore my Pan shirt on a night out with my friend that I'm into and she did not notice lol.

3. Mystic flower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
  4. Moonflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I had the most fun when I was temping at a Halloween costume place up until Halloween (at which I turned into a pumpkin). They had mono-color sets (black, orange, red, green-etc) of wigs, boas, head boppers, eyelashes, suspenders, tutus and the like. To my delight, at the end of these different color sections was a rainbow section. I bought a few items from the thing, and on top that, we were required to wear costume gear from any of the sections in the store. Once I saw another employee running around in one of these rainbow tutus, it was ON. I put on the rainbow wig, tutu and boppers. So I'm rainbow gear and nobody said a damn word the whole time. Not even sure they understood the significance, but I do know that the customers looking for costumes who had on a pride necklace or bracelet got the idea. That was fun.
    I'm sure, however, there will be no fun while making money for XMas job I'm about to embark on.

5. Biotech49

I wore one of my pride bracelets to work a few months ago (I wear rainbow stuff every now and then too) and was asked to train a new guy. He sat down next to me and the first thing he said was, "Is that a pride bracelet?" to which I responded, "Yes". He got this big ol' smile on his face and asked, "How out can you be here?". Lo and behold, he is out to all just like me. No shame here! Long story short - people notice and it is so cool when you can find other lgbt people because of it.