1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it just a crush?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by crazydog15, Nov 3, 2015.

1. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So here's a classic question: how do I know if it's just a crush? I know I'm not the only one out there! I feel like I'm getting a better handle on flirting, which is good. Instead of being my default way of interacting with men about my age, it's something I'm learning how to switch it on and off. Which is a real help. But as to just my raw feelings, that's another story. I know that lots of what I feel is just attraction. Nothing wrong with that. But I know in my brain that pure attraction doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot if you're looking for more than just casual sex, right? Right now, though, at this point of my coming out process (journey?), those feelings are so...... unbridled. They're so real. How do I know if, even though they are real, they might not necessarily be what's best for me to pursue?

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    For me, a crush is an obsession over a person. You can't stop thinking about them. If they do something shitty to you, you don't care because you are completely infatuated with them. You find every single possible way to talk to them, and if you can't or they decide they don't want to talk to you, you feel extremely hurt. You can easily crush on someone that's not good for you, or someone that doesn't have anything in common with you.

My crushes tend to develop because I find the person attractive in the most superficial of ways (nice laugh, nice hair, nice body, sexy demeanor, etc).

But, that's just me.

#2 Steve FS, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015