1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

outed by ex partner?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by rachael1954, Nov 4, 2015.

1. rachael1954

Anyone here been outed by an ex-partner, or threatened to be outed? If any of you are brave enough to share your story with this please let me know all about it.

---

I'm so over this. I wish I never would have met my gf, or I wish I would have left the marriage after my first night with her. But I'm trying to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, trying to not do anything permanent and stupid, and trying to be grateful for an open marriage that I got to experience being with her in the first place. I don't know if I was happy before meeting her, but I'm certainly not happy now. I should be happy with open marriage but all I want is to try and see her even more... but hubs won't have it. My allotted time with her is in 4 days, I can spend a few days/nights. But try reasoning with an addict. I just want to get off the merry go round but it's spinning so fast I don't know at what point I should jump.

I'm just annoyed more than usual tonight because I miss her. I'd rather pout here on EC than watch tv with him. Ungrateful wretch that I am. [end of rant]

#1 rachael1954, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  2. Moonflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Not been outed by an ex-partner. In fact the ex-partners may or may not be surprised, when they eventually hear the news, I don't know. Anyway, sorry to hear about your situation. Maybe you need to step away from everyone for a while and take some time for yourself? Doesn't sound very good for your physical or mental health. Take care of yourself.

3. yeehaw

Mmm, my ex husband semi-outed me on social media shortly after I came out to him. He didn't exactly say I was gay, and the post stayed up for less than a day, but anyone who saw it and talked to me about it said something along the lines of "did that mean what I thought it meant" and had guessed correctly. That was about a year ago. And just last week he threatened to out me to my boss and again on social media--that threat doesn't come up often, but it comes up regularly. It's kind of terrible, actually.

4. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My ex told two of her former coworkers, her family, idk who else. I know my kids have ended up telling a few of their friends as well. The one solace is that I've just grown so weary of trying to hide anything that I just don't give a damn anymore. But yeah, the ex got pissed before because I talked to my mother about my issues with my sexuality, yet she didn't see a problem in telling people I didn't even know.

#4 angeluscrzy, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  5. cate1515

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel the same way. I am not happy either. I can only see my gf during the day. Every night I am sad and upset bc I want to sleep next to her. Its a mess and I hate my life right now. Uggh.