1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acting like a teenager

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by crazydog15, Nov 5, 2015.

1. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm starting the process of working out who I am, and that involves acting like a teenager. I get it. But I'm not sure how I feel about it. Part of me doesn't give a lick what other people think about it. But part of me does. I don't want to lose any respect from others just because I'm having to come out in my 30s instead of at 15.

Any feedback? I'm not sure what to make of it.

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just let your concerns about others go and have fun with it., MNow that you are going through this stage older, you have the maturity to avoid some of the recklessness that might have existed when you were younger. As a result, Just go with the flow!

During my adolescence reincarnated, I did make my hair look hilarious, I did wear some crazy clothes, I looked a bit foolish, but I am unharmed and all the more wiser for it.

3. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with onthehighway, just enjoy the ebbs and flows. I think we've all spent far too much caring what others think about us, let go and let this teenage phase happen :slight_smile:.

4. Moonflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Absolutely. Besides, I don't feel like my number age, which is 40 anyway...and the best part is I do not look like either. So do what you want to do...enjoy it...because the truth is, you probably didn't enjoy your first teenage experience as much as you should have because of your unrecognized and un nurtured feelings. Maybe that's why we all need to undergo a second teenage experience, to actualize what had never been actualized to begin with.

5. Weston

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just don't give your heart away too soon — it'll only get broken!

6. zuice

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Remember, the part of ourselves that we disclose to others is a gift. A gift is to be cherished as a kind gesture. If anyone has had an agenda against you, for whatever reason, I would avoid disclosing the important parts of your life . I realize, now that I am older, that family and friends did not realize that they are clouding my happiness. It's nice to say they will have to deal it, but coming out is a lifelong journey. Choose the passengers you wish to travel with in your life.

#6 zuice, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015