1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going outside

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Koan, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Koan

Koan Guest

I am a 40 something crossdresser / genderqueer.

I have spent more than 25 in confusion, shame and denial about myself since I was around 10.

I have spent the last few years tolerating my "condition" rather than acting on my desires nor embracing them.

Only few weeks ago I started dressing at home.

Today, I took a short walk outside (in the dark) dressed. Sure with a long coat covering my dress and a huge scarf taking some of the attention away from my breasts.

It turned out, that the most scary thing was navigating a winded staircase in a pair of high-heeled boots :badgrin: Well, I was also a bit apprehensive passing people on the other side of the road. Being new on high heels I was not totally discreete.

But still I did something I thought would never ever happen in my life. I can't believe how fast shame is disappearing out of my life.

#1 Koan, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2015
  2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :eusa_clap

(*hug*)

3. Shadowsylke

Good for you! That took courage, and I can imagine how scary yet exhilarating it must have felt.

And yeah, get rid of that shame. You don't have room for it...you need that space for better things!