1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure what I feel, but happy

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by crazydog15, Nov 15, 2015.

1. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You know, this coming out process is great sometimes, but sometimes it's a little weird. You know?

I just got back from visiting a really good friend for a few days, one of my best friends, really. I had already told him online that I'm gay, so he knew. But actually going there and talking about being gay was both exhilarating and strange. It felt like I was a shaky toddler learning how to walk all over again. But I was walking. It took a few days to sort of "get the hang of it," but I was getting there. I don't know if this makes sense at all, but I feel more mature, more "grown up," because of it. So that's the great part.

But here's the weird part: on a pretty high level, I don't know what I feel. I know that much of how I felt before was clouded by my attempts to hide or to hurt myself. But now that I'm working on "walking," maybe I'm just getting used to life without that "cloud."

Does this sound familiar at all?

2. Weston

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep. It just takes a while to settle into the role.