1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally letting go?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Mystic flower, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Mystic flower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As much as I am attracted to my crush, I think I am ready to let her go and stop pursuing her. I felt alive when I first saw her, the butterflies fluttered, my heart raced and I couldn't get over how much her smile is beautiful, how much confidence she has. I am still quite attracted to her, but I feel like I am wasting my energy. So many things are happening in my life that I am exhausted and my interest level is slowly going down. Maybe depression is creeping back. . . Sorry for rambling, it seems that I am everywhere today. But that's ok, right? Blegh, I am exhausted physically and emotionally.

2. bi2me

It might not be so bad to let your crush go if she's not as interested in you. It could open you up to other possibilities. (*hug*)

3. EndOfTheDay

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think I can understand you. I am in love with my bestfriend since years and it's exhausting me.
    I think you will really let her go when you will find another person you fall in love with..

4. IrishJ

Oh for a crush, the joy, the pain. Thinking of all the past crushes I have had in the past 40 years. I am sorry that things did not go the way you may have wish they had but I truly believe that things do happen for a reason. When one door closes etc

I hope that depression is not creeping back in with the onset of the fall - dependent upon your geo. location but make sure to do whatever is necessary to take good care of yourself - J

5. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Feel exhausted sometimes as well. I've evolved so much since I met her, but at the same time these feelings are not letting me focus on important stuff.
    If what this comes down to are chemicals in our brains, it will take time to adjust, but as each day goes by, small steps add up.

#5 Orchidea123, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  6. Nancy1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Deciding to let go can be difficult and takes courage. Hopefully moving on can open up new possibilities...when you are ready, someone else may appear who is just as wonderful or even more amazing.

I have been thinking a great deal about my crush, my situation, and since I believe, there is no real possibility that she will reciprocate my feelings, the best thing for me is to move on...but it is hard to do.....and haven't yet

I have been thinking that maybe this crush of mine is less about her specifically and maybe it is more that she has awoken something in me, and now i can see possibilities that I couldn't before, maybe I should just be grateful for that.

But for now it still really stings:icon_wink

7. CapColors

Best wishes to you for moving on.