1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That low point wasn't so bad...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by crazydog15, Nov 22, 2015.

1. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Recently, I posted a question, asking if the bad days ever got less bad, and I got lots of feedback saying that they did. I think I just had a better low point, if that makes sense.

A couple of weeks ago, I went to visit a really good friend, and for the first time of my life, I was able to openly talk about being gay. I was with people who knew I was gay and who didn't care. It was a great feeling. I shared stuff that I'd had bottled up for eons, and it felt really good to finally be free, at least for a little while.

In light of that, I was really hoping my roller coaster would be less severe. So on about Friday of this past week, I could sense that I was starting to slip into a low point. It happens, and I'm glad I could recognize it. I've ridden it through the weekend, but you know what? It wasn't that bad. I wasn't consumed by darkness, I wasn't consumed by anxiety. I knew I had some things to work through, so I did. And now I can sort of sense that I'm coming out the other side. I rode into a dip, bottomed out quickly, and now am on the up again. It's a really good feeling. I don't know if all my lows will work out this way, but I'm glad I was able to work through this one pretty much unscathed. :thumbsup:

2. yeehaw

This is so nice to hear. I read your original thread asking of the bad days get less bad and didn't comment, and sort of wondered the same thing. Thanks for sharing this latest development with us!

3. CapColors

Yessssss. Good for you. That's exactly the kind of ups and downs I've been going through. The downs are still there. But they are less devastating.