1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I talked to my Best friend!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by LBSmitty, Nov 24, 2015.

1. LBSmitty

Out Status:
    A few people
    Up until now, my best friend (since freshman year in college), only knew from 2 years ago that I was questioning my sexuality .

I have felt so alone. I NEEDED someone to to talk to that KNEW me as a person. SO this evening I spilled my guts to my best friend from college over the phone. It was so hard just saying the words that i knew i was gay, but I DID IT. She was fine with it. She knew I was bisexual ( from telling her that 2 years ago). She just wants me to think long and hard about what is at stake.

This shit is so hard! If I had it my way then I Would be a happily married STRAIGHT woman with two kids. But sadly that is not the case. I don't want to lose friends over this. I am the same LAUREN that was there all along, I just have this piece of me that I never confronted or shared.

I need hugs

2. CapColors

I send you hugs darling!

3. LBSmitty

Out Status:
    A few people
    thanks ocapcolors.

4. YeahpIdk

She wants you to think long and hard about what's at stake?? Ugh... BARF. Think you should get some new friends.

Here are some hugs for ya(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

#4 YeahpIdk, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  5. cate1515

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just told my oldest friend (in number of years)that ive known since age 3 this past weekend we had lunch together and I told her my marriage was never really normal or happy, and that for the past 8months Ive been with someone else, and that is another girl and she didn't bat an eye and said "Whatever makes you happy". I told her all about my girlfriend and she was totally happy for me that I found someone who makes me feel that way.

Its hard and I was scared to tell her (I have told some other friends already)but I felt totally relieved that I did.

6. LBSmitty

Out Status:
    A few people
    She didn't say it in a way that was meant to be condescending. She just wants me to be happy. I tell her I worried about how it be hard on my kids and she very intelligently told me to think long and hard about what is at stake. I don't know what is so wrong about her response?

7. YeahpIdk

It sounded like she was trying to make you rethink the way you felt. When you said she said that, it sounded as though she was saying that you should contemplate if you're gay because you'd have a lot to lose otherwise. Apologies if that isn't what was meant, that's just what it sounded like.

8. LBSmitty

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I can see how it would sound like that. But coming from her it sounded more like genuine concern. She even texted a few minutes ago saying she was always there for any support I needed. I can see how it might sound rude just from typing it out though. :slight_smile:

9. YeahpIdk

Oh, well good! It's great to have supportive people around.

10. LBSmitty

Out Status:
    A few people
    yeah it really is. I only told her because I felt like she would be a supportive friend. I am not so sure about everyone else in my life.

11. Guelito

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  12. LBSmitty

Out Status:
    A few people
    This morning I woke up to a funny youtube video link from my friend. This is a normal thing for us so it was a great feeling to know that I can be honest with a person and have them still treat me the same as they always have. :slight_smile: