1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second adolescence--I think it's starting

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by crazydog15, Nov 30, 2015.

1. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So this must be what it feels like...

I was talking to a friend yesterday, and he made some remark about our conversation. I wondered what he meant (it wasn't bad or anything), but to me, my tone was... silly. Goofy. I was having fun. He couldn't quite believe it was happening. In a way, I felt like I was in college, or even in high school again. It felt nice and relaxed (finally), but now I wonder, will my sudden immaturity alienate people? I don't want to go through the rigmarole of coming out, only to lose the few friends I have because I really need to relive my younger years.

2. middleGay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I suspect you won't lose those people and you have to ask yourself, if they are that easily lost are they worth worrying about losing to begin with?

I think you should embrace this time, for those of us coming out later in life it feels like that second adolesence can make up for the stunted first one. Why not revel in it?

At the same time I believe we still need to meet the resposibilities we tend to have at this older age, financial, family, jobs and so on. So I suppose you can say it can be a second adolesence tempered with a little wisdom that we've gained over the years.

#2 middleGay, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  3. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is why it benefits you when people *already* think you're a bit off-kilter.

4. CameOutSwinging

I crowd surfed for the first time ever at a concert in New Jersey on Friday night.

I'm 32.

The second adolescence is real, hahaha!

5. rachael1954

I think I love you!

Yeah it is real, and it is fantastic! Everyone around me notices I'm different.

6. IrishJ

Started here also, singing out loud, extra abundance of smiles - haven't crowd surfed in close to 30 years but sounds like a great time.

Enjoy every moment - J

7. CameOutSwinging

Haha, dude it was SO awesome! Legit like nothing I've done before! I so can't wait to do it again! And I lost a sneaker, haha. I had to get home from Sayerville to Manhattan on the train with one sneaker on!

I promised my friend at the last concert we went to that next time I could do it, I would. This show was the perfect show for it. It was my favorite band, The Wonder Years (my username is a title of one of their songs), and it was the eighth time I've seen them live, third time on their current tour, second time in three days (we saw them in Philly on Wednesday night), and the last night of the tour! We knew the set list by heart so I knew exactly the song to do it to and everything - I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral.

But yeah, this is definitely the stuff I wish I were doing when I was 18. Better late than never. :icon_bigg

8. Weston

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At my age, giving details of my second adolescence would just be embarrassing. Suffice it to say, it's a real thing. :slight_smile: