1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inspired by Cap

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by baristajedi, Dec 3, 2015.

1. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I was inspired by your graphs, Cap, that charted your progress.

I decided to make my own graphs, which because I'm writing from my phone, unfortunately I can't share here, but they revealed a lot that i've been trying to articulate to myself...

I mentioned in a couple of posts that things are looking up for me, but I guess a caveat to that is.... That means things are looking up after a giant crash in many areas of my life.

I think i reached the lowest point on Tues last week. And that final crash led me to a bit of a wake-up. Both I and my husband realised I needed an intensive break to try to pull myself together to build a foundation for working on me. I spent the weekend, from Thursday night until Sun night alone in a hotel just trying to get my head around everything.

It helped immensely. But I have such a long way to go.

My little charts I made bring a little perspective to this journey. So much has happened internally iver such a short time. It just hit me now even that my big crash was just a short week ago. It comforts me a little, but also brings the idea home a little more, that I've still got a long path to gain more positivity and clarity in many areas of my life.

I came up with a bunch of strategies to continue self-maintenance and nurturing.

I don't know how interesting this post is... Sorry I realise I'm rambling a bit.

Any insight from you all or anything you feel like sharing about your journey, please do :slight_smile:.

2. Distant Echo

Your method of dealing with the crash was far better than mine. I just got very drunk and apparently lay in bed crying at random times and hit my head at one point.
    I'm glad you took time out for yourself. You will get this sorted out.

3. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aw :frowning2:. I'm sorry that you had such a rough time.

For what it's worth, there was certainly a lot of wine drinking over my weekend. Lots of crying too. Music and journaling and talking to good friends. It was a very therapeutic weekend.

Back out in the real world,things are certainly challenging, but I feel I have more of a solid ground to start from.