1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brief introduction because I'm nervous!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by OntheEdge, Dec 4, 2015.

1. OntheEdge

OntheEdge Guest

Heya. I can't tell you how happy I am to have found you all. Thanks for being here.

I am married with two kids and have identified as bi for a while but always hid it due to shame (I was raised very strict Christian). As recently as a month ago I really accepted that I'm not bi. I'm a lesbian. But I'm still really scared about what that means for my future and how to tell anyone and what to do and omg the stress of it all is so heavy.

Two of my friends know and have been amazing, but other than them, just you guys, now!

2. Bec

Bec

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi there. I made a similar intro yesterday. I hear you the stress of this all can be so overwhelming. I have already found support from just reading here. Welcome!

3. WanderingMind

(*hug*) Hi On the Edge. I joined here yesterday, too. It's helping, just being able to talk openly about how I'm feeling. I hope you find the same solace in being able to talk openly about your experiences.

#3 WanderingMind, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  4. CapColors

Hi OnTheEdge! Welcome. There are so many of us here in similar situations. I would read through the past month or so of threads...you will find many still-active members going trhough the same stuff. Just reading their stories can be very helpful.

What I did is I found some people at the same stage as me and a few people "ahead" of me in the process and reached out in threads and on their walls.

Then I read through all the threads I could find to see how good or bad outcomes might get, and to see if I could find a pattern in the success stories.

This process, along wtih therapy and reaching out to a few trusted friends helped me come out to my husband (as bi) and decide what I should do about it (really not much).

Others come to totally different conclusions; you'll have to decide what works for you.

5. myloveralice

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Welcome! I have a very similar story. Married, 3 kids, thought I was bi but I am not. It helped me reading other stories similar to my own on here, especially those who were further along in the process of coming out and the decisions they made after with their marriages. Very inspiring and knowing you aren't the only person in the world feeling these things is comforting.