1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What now??

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Soundofmusic, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So Im out to almost everyone important to me, Ive joined a dating app, i went on a date that was really fun (even though she totally bailed lol), and Im feeling more comfortable in my skin.

What happens now? Do i go about life like before? I feel like something HUGE just happened but everything is the same... Still going on good dates that turn into nothing, still being a crazy workaholic, still paying a crazy amount for my mortgage, still hanging out with my straight married friends, still living a fairly square life.

Has anyone else felt like this?

2. CapColors

I'm proud of you!!! I think probably a few new LGBT friends might help you feel more like it's all an integrated part of your life, but everything in its own time. YOu've made such strides!

3. YeahpIdk

LOL. This post just made me laugh. It's true, this huge realization happens and then it's like, ...what to do, what to do. You can dye your hair a bunch of colors? Otherwise, I say yes. Go on living life as usual.

4. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you :slight_smile: yeah definitely more LGBT friends. I have a bunch from work but just need to hang with them outside. Two of them do drag shows - which I ADORE - so Im gonna stick to them and maybe theyll introduce me to some of their lesbian friends. Gah

---------- Post added 9th Dec 2015 at 07:38 PM ----------

Haha glad I could amuse. I feel like the earth should be moving or like something major should be happening haha. I got a tattoo?? Does that count? Not sure Inwould look great with rainbow hair. :roflmao:

5. mellie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Lol! I just randomly blurt out that I'm gay at inappropriate times. It's a problem that I'm working on.

Is there an LGBT support group you could attend? That's helped me a bit.

I think we tend to forget that we are still the same people after coming out. With the same old boring family and friends :wink: If I want to vent about how gay I am, I call one of my big brothers. Do you have anyone you could just talk to about it without a filter?

6. YeahpIdk

Does this tattoo have any gay symbolism? If not, might have to AT LEAST dye a chunk.

7. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahaha i love that.

There should be some support groups but ive just always been kind of scared of going anywhere by myself. Ill need to muster up some serious courage for that one.

My cousin so cool about it and I vent to her a lot. Just fear she might be getting sick of it. My friends are... I just cant stop talking about coming out.

---------- Post added 9th Dec 2015 at 07:47 PM ----------

Sort of! Its two moons, a crescent and a full moon. It means change and new beginnings. I got it when my trigger crush crushed me lol.

8. YeahpIdk

I love the moon! That's so cool. I've been wanting to get another tat.

Have you applied for full membership? If you live in Newark (as in NJ), we're pretty close to each other. I'm always really afraid to go to meet ups too, so maybe we could go to one and meet up there! Just an idea for the future. :slight_smile: <--- this smiley is actually so creepy looking.

9. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG how do I change my location on this thing? Have been trying forever. When I joined, I was desperate and scared and I chose a random city. I actually live in a tiny island in the Caribbean :frowning2: i do visit NYC a lot though so maybe when Im in town next?

Also, srsly, how do I change my location. I dont want you guys to think Im lying to you all.

10. YeahpIdk

LOL, no worries. I have no clue. I imagine a lot of people don't put their real location on here. I wouldn't worry about changing it. That was a super forward idea, but I figured if you were literally that close!

11. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I might have just figured it out.

Its a shame I dont actually live in Newark though. Would be a lot easier!