1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riding out a dip

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by crazydog15, Dec 12, 2015.

1. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This always sucks, but at least I know it's happening.

It's not uncommon for me to get blue on the weekends, and that's exactly what's happening right now. I'm glad I can tell that it's happening so I know how to halfway deal with it. I convince myself that life sucks here, that there's no way I can come out, that there's no point in, well, really living (I'm not suicidal, though; it's more a matter of getting out and enjoying the world). I've gone through severe clinical depression before, and this period right now is in no way anywhere close to the lows I went through back then, so that's a big plus. But it still kind of sucks.

I know I'll get through it, particularly when I get back to seeing people at work on Monday. Maybe it's just a bit of loneliness. Oh well.

2. Jase26

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Just remember - The lower the low, the higher the high!

3. Really

That's no fun. If you think getting out would help, you could check your local neighbourhood newspapers for ads. There are probably many events or fairs or shows going on this time of the year. If the Xmas factor is not to your liking, I'm sure there are some non-holiday things to check out.

4. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Distraction is key - at least for me. Im feeling down today too so Im about to go walk around the mall and have a drink - little things that I can do alone that make me happy :slight_smile:

Can you do something like that?

5. Mystic flower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Weekends are hard for me as well. I end up spending most of it at home, and my cousin has been more vigilant in making sure I tag along to socialize with her. It is exhausting, but it got me out of the house. Coming out here is also a struggle, quite homophobic and most times it is a depressing thought - thus I stay home. Getting out of the house for a couple of hours at least does help :slight_smile: keep your chin up