1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dentist outing himself

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by BaldOldGoat, Dec 16, 2015.

1. BaldOldGoat

This thread is full of serious inquiries from folks needing advice, as it should be, but I thought I'd post something kind of funny here, just to break things up a bit ...

My dentist is probably in his 40s, single, but not at all "out" gay to make assumptions. Once upon a time, the assistant said something during a procedure, and he blurted out "I wish I could find (possibly "had") a husband like that!" When he realized what he'd said (in front of me, presumably his staff know for sure), he added very lamely " ... or wife."

#1 BaldOldGoat, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a similar experience, though it was with my brothers. I was playing chess with my little brother Elias (10 yr) when my older brother Simon (22 yr) walked by and said to the former...

"You know you can take his knight." Then realizing what he'd said, he sheepishly added "her... knight..."

Luckily no one heard the "misgendering" but me. I thought it was interesting. Simon is the only family member who knows I'm trans, so.

#2 Kodo, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  3. CapColors

lol

4. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i was at work and a lady dropped off some papers, like she does every week, and i was there with a beard. and there was a bunch of female coworkers there with me, she handed it to me and said have a nice weekend ladies and left. everyone had a good laugh and i was thinking, your not completely wrong. even a broke clock is right twice a day.... haha

5. headsup1958

lol, classic Fruedian-slip!