1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who texts who??

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Soundofmusic, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So ive gone on two girls with this girl (lets call her A) and theyve been fun. First time we went to drinks. 2nd time we went to a bar and then to her house because all her cousins were there hanging out and wanted to see me. We havent kissed or reallt touched yet other than hugs hello and goodbye. But i think shes awesome so far and would love to see where this goes.

The thing is that we dont talk much other than planning dates. And usually when ive dated boys the boys are the ones taking the initiative to text. But when its 2 girls, who texts whoo?? And how much texting is too much texting??

I feel like ive initiated a lot of Our communications so I dont wanna seem like im too pushy...

Here's a rundown of who initiated each interaction:

1st: her asking me out

2nd: me asking if the date was still on

3rd: her thanking me for the date and saying she had a great time

4th: me asking how schoolwork went

5th: me asking what she was up to on the weekend - her saying she was busy for the next 3 days but shed text me

6th: (more than a week later) she texted hello and i asked her out

7th: me asking if she wanted to go to the fair

8th: her saying she couldnt make it to the fair but we should do something else

9th: me saying thanks for a great time

10th: me sending her a meme - she answered the next day sending one back

So... Should I keep texting? Ask her out? Send her a cute pic of my dog?

2. CapColors

Congrats on dating a girl!

Waiting with bated breath for someone to answer this detailed question

#2 CapColors, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  3. Really

Did you do that something else instead of the fair?

If not, go ahead and suggest something else. If yes, was she open to going out again? Can you tell how busy her life is? I would try to manage your text frequency so you indicate you're interested but not overdoing it. Easy, eh? Haha.

You could text her and as an aside ask if she prefers phone calls to text because you're just used to texting mostly but if she doesn't like texting as much, you can switch.

This way you should be able to tell from her answer where she stands. She just may not be a big texter herself but not mind if you are.

4. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We did do something other than the fair. We went to a bar and then we went to her house where I met all her cousins and they said I "passed the test". That night earlier in the night she mentioned that we should do a movie marathon someday. And something along the lines of "you'll realize im this way with time". But later in the night with her cousins she didnt say anything else and she said bye with a hug and asked me to let her know when id get home.

She works retail pretty much 7 days a week but the one store she works at is always empty. And she has a lot of friends - which so do I but Im super interested lol so Id make time for her.

I think she prefers texting. She's only called once when she was driving and I was following her home. And when we go out she'll suddenly answer a bunch of texts at once really fast.

5. Really

Well, it doesn't sound like you'd be bothering by texting so I'd say, go ahead. Just make sure you give her time to answer. No multiple follow-up texts like some crazy person. :slight_smile:

6. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahaha sounds good!

Btw, the dog pic thing was a joke... Though my dog is adorable haha

7. YeahpIdk

Ugh. This is why I hate lesbians. LOL -- I'm such a baby lesbian but I seriously hate it for this reason: THE GAMES! I would always tell my lesbian friend, when crying over my trigger's games, that this shit would never happen with a guy. You know when they're into you and when they're not.

Maybe she really isn't that into texting, but since she texted a whole lot in front of you, it's a tell tale sign that she's being distant and playing with you a little. I'm not sure this is so bad, but over a WEEK before getting back to you sometimes? That's bs to me. I don't know how old you are, though -- or her, but it sounds a little young. I don't know, though. I'm weird about games.

I'd say, if she can text other people even when she's hanging out with you, but it takes dddaaayyysss for her to get back to you and she's not talking about much, I wouldn't text her as much. It's something you need to feel out, though. Just go with your intuition.

8. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I mean she always answers when I text. But she rarely has the initiative to text me. I think Ill let her text next time.

Im 27. Shes 25. But I consider myself a mature 27 and she seems like an immature 25. Shes soo cool and interesting though :tears:

The games drive me crazy and Im so bad at them. Which is why I keep texting cause if i feel like i wanna talk to her - why wait. But dont want to seem desperate now that Im the only one texting. I guess im just not used to playing the "male" role. Im such a girl haha.

9. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds to me like the exchanges have been pretty even so far. I don't think I'd worry...but I also wouldn't just text trivially; just if I actually had something to say (of course, I don't text trivially in any case...maybe at your ages, even that would be fine).

10. CapColors

I text trivially all the time, lol. She would have dumped me already.

11. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOL, yeak'ok, I'm 48 for Pete's sake...just ignore everything I say about trivial texting.

12. Really

Cmon biA ur 1 hip chik evthng u say is da bomb

13. bi2me

:roflmao:

Love to biAnnika!