1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepting what I like, and what I don't

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by crazydog15, Dec 19, 2015.

1. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe this is the right approach, maybe it's the wrong approach, but I'm starting to get to the point where I accept certain things about my life, even if it means accepting that I really don't like or even hate them.

I'm accepting the good or silly things, like that I have a silly crush on an actor who I'll never meet, that I'm an amateur foodie, and that I have some other activities that I enjoy.

I'm accepting the neutral things, like the fact that I'm gay and the fact that I'll never work (and almost certainly never would have worked) as a runway model.

But I'm also accepting of the things that I don't like at all. I don't like the place where I live. I don't like that the vast majority of people here at least seem to be anti-gay. I don't like that there are no gay-oriented services or groups for hundreds of miles. And I don't like that I can't just pick up and move right now.

I am accepting them, though.

2. CapColors

You are pretty enough to have considered being a runway model!!!????? Holy shit. You don't need a job to move, lol. Just find a sugar daddy.

(Just kidding of course!)

Good for you accepting yourself! Just don't get stuck in a rut. Things can change.

3. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's wise to accept yourself and the world as they are and then decide what aspects you want to change.

#3 SiennaFire, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  4. Patagonia

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just don't accept that this is a good as it gets. Don't accept the guilt and ridicule that we've gotten most of our lives. Sure, there's a time when to stand and fight and times its better to move on. Like the old prayer goes, have the wisdom to know the difference!

5. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is something that I'm working on. For whatever reason, I've sort of seen myself as doomed to live here forever. (I shouldn't say "doomed," since there are a lot of people who would be grateful to move here, but that's the best word I can come up with right now.) Leaving right now would involve sacrifices; I guess I just need to ask myself whether those sacrifices would be worth it.