1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back after a break from EC

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by SnowshoeGeek, Dec 20, 2015.

1. SnowshoeGeek

I am back. I know that I have been missed or wondered about by the fantastic troupe who joined around the time I did. I shared a lot of my life and struggles, and then I got into sharing some life issues and got off the trajectory of the purpose of this site. But I really miss people here and the amazing support I received from everyone. I don't want to abandon this place.

I cannot believe how my life has broadened as a result of taking a few steps to come out. I posted something on Facebook that left little doubt that I was interested in women, without making any kind of bi vs. lesbian proclamation. As a result, some of my family know, and I had a great discussion with my cousin about it. She was entirely supportive. I also found out that my other cousin has a gay son (which explains why she always Likes my posts!)

Also as a result of my FB post, I have some friends at work with whom I am out as bisexual. One of them came out to me as well. I expect that to remain a friendship, not a relationship, but a bisexual friend is a very good thing. She is married (monogamously) and perhaps she is looking for some moral support herself. I have had rather a big crush on her for the past couple of years, but I'm not interested in breaking up her marriage or getting involved with a coworker, so I'm simply enjoying the fact that we are friends who know more about each other now. It is great to be known and accepted.

I went on a date with a real live lesbian who is married and looking for a polyamorous addition to her life. It was nice, she was nice, but I ended up telling my entire life story to her and leaving with the sense that I was Queen of the Sluts. Not from her, from myself - as compared to her extremely unequivocal path into lesbian life (she had never been with a man at all.) But, I count the fact that I did go on a date with a woman who was interesting, stable, friendly, and smart, as a massive achievement. And I expect we'll get together again sometime as she's a serious math geek like myself. :slight_smile:

I've branched out into a local community that isn't specifically LGBTQ related, but has a lot of friendly and open-minded people of a variety of orientations. I haven't made close friends with any of them yet, but it's nice to meet people who share my extremely liberal approach to sexuality. I see them a few times a month at group events and it's really nice. I also get to see lots of boobs and show them mine. :slight_smile:

The person who would qualify as "significant other" to me is extremely supportive about me having a relationship with a woman if I want to. I don't currently want to, but I deeply need someone I care about to be supportive of my desires and my path in life. It needs to be an option, even though I want to think very carefully about it before I get into another full-fledged relationship. Time will tell.

Honestly a few months ago I would never have dreamed that this aspect of my life would become something I could be open and accepted for. I continue to be so grateful that this site is here and that I received so much support from you all.

(&&&)​

2. IrishJ

A huge hug and welcome back. I am so happy to hear your latest news as you continue your path. Still living vicariously through your post, wishing you nothing but wonderfulness and happy holidays - J

3. SnowshoeGeek

Thank you! What does "+2" mean in your Out status? Is that a D&D reference? :slight_smile:

4. IrishJ

You just brought me back to 6th grade, oh boy. The +2 for me signifies myself, my sister and a dear friend from waaaaay back. Thanks for the memory kindling.

5. CapColors

Damn fine job, congrats!!!! :grin:

6. bi2me

:lol:
    Oh, those were the days!

Welcome back!

7. IrishJ

Great reconnecting!

8. Chicagoblue

Welcome back. I always find your posts interesting for sure.