1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New friends, new conflicts

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Purple and Blue, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Purple and Blue

Ok so I've never really went into depth about my life, (especially the part about me being gay and all) so here I go. A while back when I was in my old school I told my two friends that I am gay. I was so happy to be able to talk openly about my crushes and about my feelings.
    Then I went to a new school and everything changed. Me and one of them drifted apart and the other shares more time with her then with me. I made two new friends that I love even more then the first ones. Only problem is, now I'm scared I might lose them by coming out. One is very religious and the other has said before that she didn't understand how two men could love each other. Although she has not spoken about women I feel that she would say the same.
    I want to speak openly about my feelings with them but I risk the chance of them leaving me. If I don't tell, they will no doubt still be my friends but I won't be able to say how I truly feel.
    Anyway, if anyone is willing to give me advice that would be great but if not that's fine too. Thanks.

2. CapColors

I'm sorry you are going through this. I think honesty is the best policy with friends, but come out on your own schedule. The hard truth is you MIGHT lose friends over it, but then they aren't the right friends for a gay person to have.

3. CameOutSwinging

I'd even go above them not being the right friends for a gay person to have. If you can't be completely 100% yourself to these people, then they're not the right friends for you to have, period! True friends will accept you for who you are, warts and all. They'll stand by you even as you make mistakes, and celebrate with you when you're at your best.