1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeking participants for an interview study

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Angie814, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angie814

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hello everyone, I am currently working on my dissertation and am looking for potential research participants who are married to a same sex spouse. Participation involves filling out some questionnaires and being interviewed by me via phone or Skype. You will receive $15 as a thank you for your time. Please see below for more information and contact me if you are interested in learning more or signing up to take part. I appreciate if anyone can help me with this! (I know we are close upon the holidays - feel free to get in touch even if you can't participate until January.)

Email: [email protected]
    Phone: 603-204-3578

Note: This study has received ethical approval from the Institutional Review Board at my school, and the administration team at Empty Closets has kindly reviewed the documentation and approved. Martin gave me permission to post this message.

Seeking LGBTQ Participants for a Study of
    Experiences in Same-Sex Marriage

I am a doctoral student in psychology at Antioch University New England. For my dissertation, I am conducting a research study to learn about your views of how the marriage equality movement affects your marriage, if at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who can participate? Individuals 18 years of age and over who are legally married to a same-sex spouse. All genders and any race or ethnicity are welcome to participate.

What will you be asked to do? Participants in the study will fill out a brief demographic questionnaire and take part in an approximately one hour interview with me, either in person or via Skype or telephone.

What information will I ask you? This study is concerned with your view on how the fight for marriage equality has affected your marriage. We will ask about the reasons you got married, stay married, and would or would not use couple therapy if you encountered a rocky time in your marriage. We will also ask about your views on divorce among same-sex couples.

What’s the goal? The goal of this study is to better understand how married same-sex couples experience commitment to their partners and what pressures, both within the relationship and from outside sources (such as society and political pressure), impact this commitment.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This study has been reviewed and approved by the EC admin team.

3. Angie814

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks, Chip. :slight_smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.