1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crap, did that just happened?!?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by gaydad917, Dec 24, 2015.

1. gaydad917

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi guys and gals! After months of trying to figure out the best time to tell my wife the big news, and deciding with lots of help to wait until after the holidays, it just happened last night! My wife could sense something was up. After we put the kid to bed, she asked me if I was cheating on her. I told her no. She didnt believe me, kept telling me that if that wasnt it, then what was going on. So I just blurted it out! Once I said it, it was like the gates opened and we talked until 3am! She said she was relieved because she knew something wasnt right, but didnt know what. She was hurt a little of course, and I expect that to show up again, but overall she was really great about it. She wants me to be happy and live the life I am supposed to. I feel so awesome! Merry Christmas to you all!

2. Richie.

Same thing happened to me a few years ago I had a plan; wait until after the holidays and then spill all...
    The pressure of knowing that that was potentially our last Christmas ate at me and after too much to drink, I told her I was gay.
    Well done for being honest takes real guts. Hoping your Christmas is happy and your new year authentic

Peace

3. GhostCake

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow congrats!
    Really nice to hear that she's taken it that well.
    Must've been like a early Christmas present to you.

4. maybgayguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That is so great! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap(!):eusa_clap:eusa_clap Thanks for sharing your story here! It seems as if the coming out process has gone so well for you. Keep us up to date on how things go. There are so many road maps out there and it great to see yours. The thought that there could be happiness after coming out as a gay man brings me some happiness - and hopefully some courage.

5. Athena33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Way to go!! I also have a plan to wait until after the holidays to tell my husband. It is great to hear that the world doesn't end when you come out to a spouse.

6. Chicagoblue

God I'm so jealous. Way to go.

7. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations :eusa_clap Doesn't it feel great be on the other side? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

There are likely to be bumps on the road as she digests the news, and we'll be here to support you.

#7 SiennaFire, Dec 24, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  8. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There will be difficult days ahead, but none so difficult as the days of anxiety and crushing, circling thoughts that you have been living with. For now, you can pause and breathe, knowing that it's out in the open. You can work the rest of it out (together hopefully) later.

Hoping you have a happier Christmas! :slight_smile:

9. bigeagle

Wow brilliant, well done. I guess you'd planned to have the chat after Christmas because you didn't want it to upset/ruin Christmas. It's not surprising that our partners/wife/husband can sense something is wrong... And coming out as bi or gay is sometimes better than cheating etc. From the initial chat there will be many ups and downs and stages of anger, grief, denial etc.... But you have made a big more and should be very proud of yourself. Happy Christmas!

10. sandrew255

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well done! You're wife is obviously a star! Hope the rest goes well too. Happy holiday

11. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    wow, that took a lot. good job. like others have said there may be swings in mood etc. but you cant put the tooth paste back in the tube now. Have a Merry Christmas to you and your wife.(*hug*)

12. bigeagle

That's a great saying 'looking for me'.... Can't put the tooth paste back in the tube!!

I viewed it more like dropping a load of bombs... Some exploded immediately, others went off over the next few weeks/months. Hopefully they've all exploded now!

Happy Christmas everyone! X

13. zgirl81

Congratulations!

Now you can spend the holidays without the stress of anticipating that confession. I'm proud of you for being honest, and I'm glad your wife was so supportive!

Keep updating us with how you're doing. We're all still happy to provide support.

14. gaydad917

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you all for the support! I thought I was going to pass out or puke during the whole thing! I know this is a huge step, and there are many others to follow!

15. ThatGirlShauna

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is so awesome, and encouraging to read! What a wonderful way to begin the holidays.

16. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, dad, how *awesome* for you! Appreciate your first Christmas of visibility! *hugs*

17. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Patrick, as usual. I think as a couple there are difficult days ahead. Marriage is based on trust and commitment. Your inability to be fulfilled shows a lack of commitment and I don't even have to go into the trust issue. To me it sounds like your problems are just beginning, not ending.

18. bi2me

Congratulations! Let us know how everyone is doing. :slight_smile: (*hug*)

19. Electra

I can understand your immense relief at having done it! Such a good message to read on xmas morning. It has made me feel good, just feeling your joy. Now the real journey of the real authentic you can truly begin…

20. I'm_Danni_x

That is amazing, you are lucky you have a supportive wife who was willing to talk things through with you.