1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What has felt nourishing/meaningful to that does not require leaving a partner?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by yeehaw, Dec 28, 2015.

1. yeehaw

I think there a lot of people here who are 1) partnered with somebody who isn't a great match for their sexual orientation 2) not ready/willing/able to leave that partner, 3) wanting to feel more connected to who they are in meaningful ways now, witjout changing partners. There are lots of great ways to honor who you are you're very core in almost ANY situation. Would anyone be willing to share things that have happened or are happening in your life that feel important and meaningful and nourishing to you that would not require leaving a partner?

I'll start: I no longer carry purses or wear make up and it feels good, and important, and respectful and nourishing to do that for myself.

Others?

2. rachael1954

Maybe a hobby, a sport, a favorite TV show that you just watch because YOU like it? It's such a little thing, but I hardly ever get to choose what we watch on TV and when I do it feels like I am alive.

I think back on all the times with my partner when I've felt really happy, and either 1) I was on vacation with him or 2) I was involved in some kind of activity without him for the majority of my free time. So what feels nourishing now and meaningful is that I am 100% honest with my partner, even though it makes him sad to know how I feel.

3. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess joining EC, I was looking for a bi support group in west tx. LOL... EC was the best option I've found. I was out to my husband before we married. I'm happy with our relationship. But life style wise I mostly feel like everything around me is way too straight! Sometimes I'll wear ties, or make myself look more boyish for a day just because it feels good to be flexible.

4. ThatGirlShauna

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've changed the way I dress a bit, or I have a few outfits I wear when I'm feeling more "lesbian-y", lol. I also have added some gay pride things to my wardrobe (bracelet, a few shirts, am getting a ring to remind myself of who I really am, etc).

5. Oh Lilac

Definitely how I dress, for example, some days I am feeling a bit more androgynous in attire. Or I'll watch some LGBTQ movies or read things online.

6. CapColors

I wear a bi bracelet, and write lesbian erotica. (I'm doing both right now!)

7. bi2me

I wear a rainbow bracelet, can talk with my husband about my lesbian fantasies, read lesbian erotica (cc - you should be posting this stuff!), watch lgbt shows/movies/read books, and try to live out, even if someone doesn't know I'm bi (like giving my opinion about gay marriage or female celebrities).

8. CapColors

bi2me: Oh, I'll post it! But under my fanfic pseud, which I can't link to here. :slight_smile:

9. bi2me

But you can pm me the link!!(!)