1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Late Bloomer

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Lemongrass, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Lemongrass

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I already introduced myself in the Welcome area, but thought this Later in life topic a better place to go more into depth about my particular situation... Reading through a lot of the posts, it seems most people had at least an inkling about their orientation since they were teens or earlier. Mine only started with an incident that occurred in my late twenties. Kind of dismissed it as a one-off event, and got into a long-term relationship that I am in now.

But slowly (over the course of a decade) and almost imperceptively, I noted my thoughts would wander to the other side. I kind of shut myself down altogether, but had a revelation that I can't keep this up, and came out as bisexual to my partner and a couple very close friends. To be honest, I'm not even sure what to do with this revelation, as I desire to stay in this relationship. But the simple admission really has been a relief. Starting therapy so there can be maybe some better channelling of all these blocked up thoughts.

Anyways glad to discover this place!

2. WanderingMind

Hi Lemongrass. Welcome to EC. You'll find many of us share a similar late-awakening to an unexpected orientation. It's great to have you here.

3. Lemongrass

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks so much WanderingMind! I read one of your earlier posts and it was encouraging, as I felt like I could have posted that myself (just with a reverse of genders):

#3 Lemongrass, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  4. Boatman

Lemongrass, welcome on board, hope all goes well with unblocking the thoughts

5. Lemongrass

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks so much Boatman! :slight_smile:

6. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome Lemongrass :welcome:

There are a number of folks on this forum who discovered they were bisexual mid-relationship and who have chosen to stay faithful in their existing relationships. Hopefully you will find their perspectives useful.

#6 SiennaFire, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  7. WanderingMind

Yeah. I have found that here, too. :slight_smile: I hope you are able to continue feeling better and better. I hope you and your wife find ways through this, but mostly, I hope you find *you*. It is the only person you're meant to be.

8. Lemongrass

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the greeting Siennafire...yes already have found a few! Waves again to Wanderingmind :slight_smile: