1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reminisce on school crushes!!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by treasure1996, Jan 13, 2016.

1. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm curious as to how many of you guys had a high school crush on the same sex while in the closet? How did it go?!
    Did you ever tell them how you felt and what was their response?
    I'm just curious

What would be interesting to hear is never having told your crush but finding out after school that they did in fact feel the same way or at least your suspicions of them being gay were true???
    Share share share! :grin:

2. calleigh

I had a number of crushes on female teachers at school - can think of about 3 or 4 from the ages of 11-18. Except at the time, of course, I didn't realise they were crushes - I just thought that I really admired them and wanted to be like them. It's only now that I've started questioning my sexuality in general that I look back and realise 'ah yeah...'. Weirdly, never really on any schoolmates my own age (maybe then I would have realised that it was actually a crush!), but then I only ever had one crush on a guy at school... Evidently I just go for older people. And to answer the obvious one, no I never told them!

#2 calleigh, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  3. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A crush? No no no. Crushes. :slight_smile:

I'll admit, I had trouble admitting to myself that these were crushes. At first, it was just really good to look at certain guys, and I figured everyone was like that, or at least that it wasn't a big deal. Except that people did notice and let me know. Not very nicely. So I really didn't want for these to be gay crushes--they just had to be something else, like envy.

I really liked a lot of the boys I went to high school with, even one who was rumored to be gay (and I think he really was/is). Let's call him G. Looking back, I really wish I'd told G that I liked him like that, that he was a really great person, really handsome, and all that. I have tried to reconnect with him in the recent past, but he didn't respond. Oh well...

4. ssxElise

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I had lots of crushes at school.
    But I had no idea they were crushes.
    I thought lots of girls were so pretty and some of the female teachers too.
    I remember feeling weird about not having a crush on a guy, because all the other girls kept talking about how cute some of the guys were. And I also remember making up a crush on a guy to "fit in".
    Never acted on any of my girl crushes - kinda wish I did. Might have realized much sooner that I was gay..

5. TheBiBoy

TheBiBoy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have a crush on a very hot and sexy guy in my class but I can never tell him though! I can't help but stare at him sometimes. I just really wish he could be bi or gay because in my dreams all I have ever done was be in a relationship with him and I can't stop picturing having sex with him. This happened with a female crush in my class too. I would never tell anyone as I'd fear I would seem too obsessed with them.

#5 TheBiBoy, Jan 13, 2016
  6. Houdini

Well, in hindsight I realised that I had a crush on a friend but I also figured out that I was pretty much in love with my best friend. It broke my heart after we had a falling out. Haven't really talked to her since, so no, I won't tell her...

7. Boatman

In my last year at school I had a massive crush on a teacher. He was 3 or 4 years older than me, this was his first job, did not hide his sexuality, and inspired me like none of the other teachers had done. He talked about a book, I'd read it. I took any criticism he gave me and used it positively. And he was cute!

8. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first was when I was nine. On a guy.
    -He liked orange
    -He liked monkeys
    -His shoe size in fourth grade was 2
    -I wrote a story about me and him. I got chosen to be the Fairy queen and I could choose a suitor who would also become a fairy. I was so creepy.

In sixth grade, there was another guy
    I wrote stories about us in the notebook. These were absurd- from me teleporting to a frozen yogurt place to turning into a mermaid with him....

9. Mikelhpc228

I was too deep in the closet to have high school male crushes. I did have a mad crush on my (female) fifth grade teacher. I went to a catholic school with all nuns (full black habits), and she was our first "Civilian" teacher. She was pretty and wore dresses. I found her address in the phone book and convinced a classmate that we should go to her home. I'd be called a "Stalker" in today's world. On Saturday morning, We took the subway train into boston, and a second trolley car to anthoer part of the city, and finally a bus. We found her house, but were completly lost in Boston, and we found the courage to ring her door bell, Her mouth dropped when she saw these two kids from her grammar school standing at her door. She called my dad, who drove into Boston, picked us up, and drove us home. My dad was very cool about it.

10. Weston

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not high school, but I had a serious crush in my early 20s on my roommate, a jackaroo (cowboy) from Western Australia. We were both working in a ski resort in New Zealand and moved in together after becoming friends at work. We ate, drank, played pool and dated girls together, but it was always him I really wanted. I taught him to ski. After a year together, he left to continue his world travels; ironically his next stop was British Columbia, where he stayed with my parents for a time (my dad treated him like another son, eventually finding him a job on a ranch up north). I intended to stay in New Zealand, where I had landed immigrant status, but after a week without him I couldn't bear it. I got on a plane for Australia, and I never saw him again. We corresponded for a while, but as is so often the case, lost touch. Over the years, I've tried to find him on Google and Facebook, with no luck. When I think of him now, I see him as he was then — so young, and fresh, and full of life. If you're out there, Gerry, I'm still in love with you!

#10 Weston, Jan 13, 2016
  11. TAXODIUM

I went to boarding school and my roommate during my junior year was a platinum blond haired polo player who was a dead ringer for young Joe Dallessandro. He never, ever wore *any* clothes (like, he was always naked) in the room and had the body of a Greek statue. We had bunk beds and he slept on the bottom... every night, he would jack off into a sock and shake the entire bed. Every morning, he would get out of bed with a hardon, pace around the room for it to go down and then parade his perfect ass to the bathroom down the hall. In retrospect, I could totally have scored him, but I was TERRIFIED of labels and getting outed. He's now married with 3 kids, lives in the same city as I do, and we see each other on occasion. I'd STILL do him given the opportunity....

12. Rydia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Same here. Had various girl crushes throughout school, but didn't recognize them as such until much later, so of course didn't act on them, at least not with any intention. There was plenty of flirting and such, though I would never have admitted that's what it was at the time.

13. Ryuji35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a lot of crushes in HS but I fell in love with one. That outed my to my mom, myself and the whole batch since I really fell hard and confessed to him while in front of my whole class :| Such adrenaline my feelings can produce.

Of course, I ended up being hurt. To make the matter worse, he is in love with a close friend of mine, who's gay. So he turned out to be Bisexual.

Imagine what happened to my ego and self-esteem which the effects still resonates to this very day....

14. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've had a couple of crushes on guys in the past, but my strongest one ended almost a year ago. He's smart, funny and confident and all I could think about was how fantastic he was. The only problem is that I basically spent almost a year being terrified to talk to him and he liked someone else so I basically never had a chance with him. I wanted to do something nice for him so at a second-hand book delivery at our school, I gave him a book about philosophy that I really liked. I know he knew it was me but he never said anything about it and he's never treated me any different. Even if I don't like him in that way anymore, I still think he's great and I'll always respect him being so mature and understanding about the whole thing.

And don't even get me started on me now being in love with my best friend...who's a girl...
    Whenever I've liked guys it was always an idolization and I was way too frightened of them to ever have a chance of being in a normal relationship. She's different. She feels possible and makes me feel alive.
    And the worst part is that I don't know if she's gay or bi or whatever and I feel like she's giving me mixed signals. I want to ask her out but I'm way too scared.
    It is the worst. THE WORST. :bang:

15. Gay1234

Yes I have a crush on a guy since first year of my school and this was 3 years now. I often uhm... look down there lol and see a bulge in his pants and underwear when changing after surfing lol. I don't get caught though. I always have explicit dreams with being with him but I know he is straight.

16. tscott

Funny, I haven't thought about him in ages. Larry was the football captain with a well-muscled stocky build, dirty blond hair, and lots of hair. I was a big kid, but not as strong as Larry. In my junior and senior years, he and I were paired for the wrestling unit of PE. We weren't totally mismatched, but ultimately Larry would win. I can still smell his soap and sweat. Once in my senior year I couldn't help, but get "excited," which at the end of the match I couldn't hide. I was mortified, but it didn't stop my feelings for him. *Sigh*

17. Weston

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, I think that's pretty common (the getting "excited" bit) — lots of pictures out there on the internet of guys in a similar state. Apparently no one bats an eyelid!

18. Ravi-VIXX777

I only had 2, the second I won't speak of.

The first guy was very strange/open to me. I first liked him in middle school when I was new, he said he was my best friend (sarcasm) and was just very polite with me, but I didnt think much of it. I didnt seem him much the next few years until sophomore year of high school.

He was his old self. Very friendly and open despite us not knowing each other well. He would greet me everyday and ask how I was which kinda made him charming. When a kid bashed my art, my crush defended me and said he liked my art. He even said his mom was an artist which to me is strange becauae most peers don't talk about their families.

I presumed he was straight but he never had a girlfriend (from what I know) or talked about girls. He was very attractive and charming yet single. I am curious if he really wanted to be close friends or more, but I never initiated anything, so he gave up I guess.

I did try confessing to him before we left with a note, but the note went to another guy in the same grade with the same name and last initial, it was awkward.

Two years later (now) I saw him at the gym, he's gotten more muscle. I'm not sure he recognized me because I slimmed down and got taller, but there was eye contact for sure. I kinda regret not saying anything to him.

19. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In high school I had a crush on a girl in my English class. We even sat close together. I barely spoke to her, only for class stuff, but I thought she was wonderful. I still think of her sometimes and wonder what would have happened if I had the courage to tell her.