1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First lesbian dream

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Orchidea123, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Many of us come to this forum to search for answers, get support and share our experiences.

I find your posts so helpful and special that I had my first lesbian dream..
    Sorry, no action here (haha!):icon_wink

I dreamt that Mellie organized get together support group for all gals on this forum, at some nice town boardwalk ( ocean side ).
    The whole dream was about me on a quest to check that place out the day before so that my first meeting with all you guys goes well! (*hug*)

Maybe to expand this further, all thought to be previously straight, any willing to share their first dreams?

#1 Orchidea123, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  2. Bibliovian

Aw, I love this!! You know my French teacher in high school once said that the easiest way to tell when you're fluent in a language is when you dream in that language.

So I always looked to my dreams to see when I felt like...most...immersed? Or... fully transitioned my reality after coming out? IDK if that makes sense but it was significant for me to be "out" in my dreams I guess.

But I don't have "explicit" dreams, so my first dream was similarly regular. Just being with my girlfriend shopping in a store looking for a celebrity, like you could buy them in this store? Weird. But it was just like...gay was the reality not the focus. Which is nice. I forget which celebrity though.

Can our imaginary support group boardwalk meeting be in Provincetown?? I've heard good things.:icon_wink

3. Really

I've had a couple, both PG-13. The first one was in an office setting and one of the "characters" seemed to know I was gay and I spent the rest of the dream wondering how she knew. In the other one, there was a woman in my bed but nothing was going on. I was bothered by all the grit in the sheets. It was as if someone had been walking around on the bed in their shoes. Sexy, eh?

4. ssxElise

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don´t remember my dreams that often, but I do remember having lesbian dreams - more than once and more than twice.. :icon_bigg

They´ve been about flirting and kissing. Nothing more..

In my dreams, flirting and kissing women felt extremely good, and I hope I will experience it myself sooner than later

5. Weston

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not always true: My first year in Mandarin I was in an intensive summer class — 5 hours a day plus homework. After a while I began having dreams — nightmares, really — in which a Chinese character would appear before me and I could not for the life of me figure out what it was. I'd struggle and struggle — it seemed my entire grade would depend on this — and finally, I'd wake up in a cold sweat. The dreams were so vivid I was able to draw the characters upon waking. It was only after a few minutes that it would dawn on me that the characters I drew were completely fictional, i.e., something made up by my own mind. It was perhaps 6 months before the dreams subsided and years before I could call myself "fluent." :grin:

6. Bibliovian

@Really: That sounds like my bed, only it's cat litter from my cat's paws and it drives me crazy.

@Weston: That is a really interesting dream pattern. Nervous about Mandarin grades?:confused:

7. bi2me

I've had several dreams, but I usually don't remember most of my dreams. My most remembered sexual dreams do involve women, sometimes with my husband as well. Rarely/never do they include men who aren't my husband.

My most recent one was a rather graphic dream about breasts... my husband's response when I told him about it: "They *are* pretty great..." AHHH not helping!!!

8. Really

Ha! I don't even have a cat but good to know. No cat ladies for me. So, what's that now? One quarter of one percent of the population to work with? Great. :[

9. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So this is indeed a milestone for me - first lesbian situation related dream, feels special.. As you can tell I am not 'lesbian fluent' yet!
    If I do dream of that place again, will inquire if can be moved to Provincetown :lol:

---------- Post added 15th Jan 2016 at 02:39 PM ----------

Really, looking forward to pg-13. Maybe this will help me figure out what the heck I am..

---------- Post added 15th Jan 2016 at 02:41 PM ----------

Haven't done that yet, I wonder if dreams can be in stages too, and are part of gradual transition of a mindset and life experience parocess..

---------- Post added 15th Jan 2016 at 02:42 PM ----------

LOL Weston

---------- Post added 15th Jan 2016 at 02:43 PM ----------

Bi2me, your husband's great if he can laugh and tease you about your desires..

---------- Post added 15th Jan 2016 at 02:46 PM ----------

Long time ago used to read up on dreams interpretations: my theory is that sand/ cat litter in your bed represent tiny obstacles/annoyances you've been dealing with ( no rocket science here)
    .. Unless you are allergic to cats, love conquers all.

10. WanderingMind

My only bisexual dream was actually my husband's. One morning, he shared he'd dreamt about me and another woman. I am still jealous.

11. YeahpIdk

LOL -- but really, Really, you are not alone. In fact, I am allergic to kitties :icon_sad:, which at one point made me wonder if I was even allowed to be a lesbian. Pretty sure that's an automatic disqualification.

Okay, so I actually remember having a sexual "lesbian" dream when I was really young, and I remember it totally freaked me out, and I can tell that it actually must have because I still remember slight fragments of it! WEIRD.

I've had weird dreams on and off, but I remember having a recent one--that I'd like to count as my first lesbian dream because I've accepted myself--that felt really nice, and it was just sweet and simple being around some girl that I was either in a relationship with or really fancying. I just remember waking up happy like, "well, that was pretty lesbian :slight_smile:."

12. bi2me

He's awesome! :slight_smile:

13. biblondegirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I rarely remember my dreams, but when I do, they are hardly ever romantic, unfortunately. I do remember one lesbian dream I had about a year ago, though.

First, some background: My dream was about one of my long-ago 'girl crushes' (she was a woman in her 30's at the time; I was 17. She was straight and recently divorced; I was a lonely and confused teen who thought I simply 'looked up to' and 'admired' her). In real life, we haven't seen each other for close to 20 years now. I was so infatuated with her that, before she moved away, I mustered up my courage to give her a poem I had written. She seemed moved and teared up hugged me, kissed me on the cheek and said, 'I'm your special girl', and then walked away.

Some years later, I got in touch with her again because of an internship I was doing in her city. We had e-mailed a couple of times, and she gave me her phone number, and once I was up there, I called to try to get together, but she never returned my calls until finally she did and said she was too busy to meet up. Some time after the internship ended, I would occasionally e-mail her, but she never responded, even though I mostly just said, 'Hi, how are you doing' and told her about what was going on in my life at the time. Instead of taking this to mean she wasn't interested, I figured she was 'just busy'. Eventually, she blocked me. A few years later, I friend requested her on Facebook, but she never acknowledged it. All of this saddened me, because I didn't know what I had done wrong.

So, anyway, to the dream: I am my current age and we had reunited. We had had a talk and gotten over any awkwardness, and I felt like it was a new beginning. We were sitting in a room with some other people at some with groups of tables. I was sitting next to her, and in my dream, she was slowly fondling me under the table while carrying on a conversation with the people around us. I remember feeling like this was 'our delicious little secret' and I was so excited at how things had turned around.

Then I woke up and was disappointed, realizing I will probably never hear from her again. :frowning2: