1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did it-- I went through with it. I finally did it.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Benway, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, for those of you familiar with my posts, you know I've been denial about my same sex attraction for over a decade. I'd been denying myself the experience for ten years, going so far as to having sex with a woman to try and quell the gay thoughts.

Earlier tonight, on the evening of January 16, 2016, I engaged in homosexual intercourse.

I got to a point in my life where the not knowing was driving me insane. Suffice it to say, I won't be doing it again because while I enjoyed myself, I feel I've achieved the pinnacle of sexual experience that one human being can in a lifetime: I've had sex with both sexes. There is nothing left to explore. I didn't know how this would make me feel, and I regret to say I feel nothing except a dark satisfaction of knowing that I can rest easier now, unfulfilled as I am.

I did it. I don't know why, but I just did it. I had to. I may feel empty and ashamed and guilty and horrible about myself but at least I can stop fighting myself.

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First, it's great you took that step. That said, I believe you are feeling ashamed, guilty and horrible because of the internalized homophobia you continue to hold.

You suggest you enjoyed yourself, hold on to that.

Continue to work on you internalized homophobia! And as you work on that, keeping yourself open to more sexual experiences, you might find the shame and guilt afterwards dissolves.

3. nerdbrain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ummmmm, this sounds pretty dubious to me. Plenty of people have had sex with both sexes and I doubt that any of them feel like they've achieved the pinnacle of anything.

I think most people would consider the pinnacle of sexual experience to be the ability to integrate sexual thrill with emotional intimacy with the same person.

Not to diminish your accomplishment -- it's great that you finally got out of your head for a moment and experimented. God knows it took me a long time to get there.

But you may want to hold off on making any categorical rulings or conclusions. As Onthehighway suggested, try focusing on what gives you pleasure, and suspend the self-judgment for a moment.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I pretty much agree with the above. The "I've reached the pinnacle" is an enormous pile of BS, which you, OP, probably know.

That said... taking this first step is an enormously positive step in moving yourself forward. And I think if, instead of continuing to play these games with yourself and deny your feelings, you can simply be open to the idea of continuing to make progress... I think you'll find yourself a lot happier in the long run.

5. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I discussed the experience with my brother (who is straight, but supportive of my plight) and he said I seem to have a low sex drive but a high libido, considering how much I masturbate and yet during the sex I've had I often have 'performance issues.'

Is that a thing? Low sex drive but a high libido?

6. Ryuji35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep. Same here. I have this problem.

7. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You wanna talk about it? Because I get geared up as hell before sex and then fail to deliver (except last night, last night was something of an exception even if it took awhile longer than most people might). I suppose it's a psychological thing-- performance anxiety, maybe?

8. Ryuji35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you pleasure yourself more than having the actual deed? That's one of the explanations given to me. I am more pleasured when I do it myself than letting someone take care of my needs, because I've been doing it more than the actual deed. The idea of sex trumps the reality of doing it, when you do "m****bating* a lot. That's the downside.

9. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Masturbation can be a wonderful experience, especially if one relaxes the constraint of focusing exclusively on the penis.

While masturbation is wonderful, sex is about more than the orgasm. The kissing and foreplay, feeling his body against yours, letting his tongue and mouth explore the tastes and scents of the male body, and your doing the same to his. Feeling wonderfully close to somebody you care about, the feeling of being engulfed in a warm blanket as you kiss and embrace and feeling exhausted and spent but content.

Of course you must allow yourself to be willing to explore the possibilities...

10. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've only had sex with two people in my life, a woman once, some time ago. And a man, yesterday. So, yes, I'd say I masturbate more than I have sex.

And while that was all very pleasant last night, I'm not sure if it's the kind of behavior I'm going to engage in again, because now that I have, I don't have to, anymore. If I want to, oh, absolutely I can and I will should I feel so inclined.

But last night wasn't about sex. It was about me getting something I needed to know known to me because it was driving me insane not knowing. Admittedly, I'm having a little trouble looking at myself in the mirror, today but ultimately I feel that dark satisfaction of knowing the answer to a question I've been asking for a decade.

I'm not the kind of person who really buys into gender bending and "genderfluidity," if that's what you're implying. I don't care if some people do, but I don't.

But I think I feel a bit intimidated as before I was on one road, one simple road and now I have several more lanes to move around different paths to go down-- I find that intimidating. I like linearity and now things have suddenly become split, fractured and pan out in different directions.

#10 Benway, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  11. cheaterdad

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Congratulations on getting laid! I don't know that I am one to be giving advice but I suggest you chill out on giving up sex with either men or women. I have been with both and I can't decide what I want but I enjoy sex with men so much more! I am inclined to believe you liked it more with men as well. I don't think you should be ashamed, but be more open to the exploration of your sexuality and the pleasure you can encounter in doing so. Good luck!

12. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    While I am ashamed of myself, I do not regret the experience. I feel more open to things, and my more often than naught closed-mindedness is filled with a sea of conflicting emotions, but as the day wears on, I feel less and less bad about it.

To sum my experience up in a sentence, I'd have to quote Al Pacino as Satan in 1997's The Devil's Advocate: "Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down."

#12 Benway, Jan 17, 2016
  13. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great quote. Now just drop the fuckin' bag :evil:

14. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think I'm ready to, yeah. :icon_twis As this unremarkable snowy Sunday has progressed, I feel better and better about myself. I like penis, and there's nothing I can do to change that, and it's always going to be around if I need it.

I think the initial 'shock' or first post-coital malaise was just really strong last night. It's odd however that I felt really overwhelmed at first, like, as I walked home, I stuck to alleys and dark pathways as not to be seen by neighbors or God forbid, family. I took every precaution not to be noticed and just blended in as I walked through a bad neighborhood (I'm a big guy, though, nobody really messes with me) just to avoid being noticed.

Maybe I over-prepared and was underwhelmed when nothing bad happened to me, but as this day goes on, I feel better and better. Glowingly, almost. I feel kind of invincible.

15. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have my own quote to share (it's in my sig too) which may help you put the events abutting the unremarkable snowy Sunday into context.
    You overcame your fear and plundered the treasure and now you are almost glowing :evil:

You probably want to read The Velvet Rage to help you process the shame you feel around your sexuality. More about it here - http://emptyclosets.com/forum/enter...hor-velvet-rage-youtube-vids.html#post2918410

January 16, 2016 is your liberation day (!) :thewave: (!!)

#15 SiennaFire, Jan 17, 2016
  16. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Cool, I'll check out those videos in the near future.

It's strange, January has always been a very liberating month for me. It seems like good things happen to me in January. I don't officially stop celebrating New Years until a certain day in early January for reasons I'd rather not talk about it, but that's another liberation day for me. So I guess I could call it Second January Liberation Day.

My boss is going to start asking me why I only take extended vacation days in January.

17. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Benway...holy crap...WOOOOT! Feeling even a *little* better than you did before sounds like amazing progress! I am so immensely proud at the steps toward healing that you've taken.

Do remember that "just sex" is "just sex", and far from the pinnacle, as Chip was saying. Love is far better...and sex with love is far better than sex without. You're not at the pinnacle, but you're taking steps.

*hugs*

18. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was in love, once. With a woman. We had something of a falling out some time ago and her absence in my life has haunted me for too long. The phantom of her silence walks the long boardwalk of my mind. I care not to have that sort of thing happen to me again. I don't believe in romantic love, anymore. But you know what they say: All good things...

Point is: Friends with benefits is one thing, love is not for me.

But yeah, at least I did what I had to do. The question of 'should I go through with it?' cannot plague me any longer, it never will, again. The questions ahead of me, which are many, many as they may be, are insignificant compared to the answer I got on the night of January 16, 2016. My only hope is that this decision does not impact my family life in some sort of horribly abstract way.

My emotions are still conflicted, as I can only assume they will be for a lifetime of pain to come, as far as I'm concerned I just kicked a major problem in my life square in the balls and killed it, as Kafka would say "like a dog."

#18 Benway, Jan 17, 2016
  19. Ryuji35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love how you think and say your thoughts in words. If I meet you in the streets one day, I would ask you for a date :slight_smile:)

20. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, thanks. That's very sweet of you to say.

I'm just glad I can finally, after ten crippling years, pick up the broken shards of the mirror I smashed so long ago and piece it back together so I may see my reflection, if not clearly, at least darker and wiser.

In the proverb words of the folk religion I prescribe to: "time now to take me home."