1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Realized I have another crush...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by bi2me, Jan 17, 2016.

1. bi2me

On a mom of one of my daughter's friends. She's really cute, works at the school part time and is a gender studies professor part time, and I realized that I was getting flustered around her and trying to impress her. :icon_redf

So... responding to her facebook posts trying to sound intelligent, posting things I'm hoping she will like, reposting things she's posted... AHHHH

OK rant over (but really... a gender studies prof... seems like there MIGHT be something there) :slight_smile:

2. WanderingMind

Interesting. So, a crush creeps up on you. Hmmm. This might be why I prefer to hide at home, then? In looking back over the last few years, I've closed myself off from people more than ever before. In the last while, as part of my goal to live more authentically, I've tried to reach out and make a few friendships, but as soon as they start to feel more than casual, I pull away. I worry (probably way more than is reasonable) about how a crush would impact life, and how I'd manage emotions around something as real as that.

Does a crush ever feel like anything other than agony?

3. bi2me

For now, it just feels like noticing my attraction. It's not as strong as my feelings for my bff, but it's the first time I've had more than passing feelings for a person besides my husband or bff.

4. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I feel like a jr high kid sometimes. I have flavors of the week...

5. Mystic flower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have started to notice an attraction to a colleague withing the past several weeks, sure does creep up on you, eh. She teaches just next door, and we share a small office area between our classrooms. She is cute.