1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After the high ....

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by ConsciousRose42, Jan 21, 2016.

1. ConsciousRose42

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So the initial few mths have been good regarding my new found gay women status and accompanying 'male ' part of me --
    I have felt liberated, integrated and well 'like me' 'the real me'

Lately I have been having some feelings or mourning for 'the old me ' the women who got engaged to be married, the women who was going to have a man look after her ( although this is debatable re I seemed to wear the trousers more ...
    The women who had long hair and was girly ( still have some of that but it has shrank re the acceptance of my male part ...
    I mean I didn't like being a mans sexual image really I always hated being stared at by men --
    But I do seem to be mourning the old me - the girl .. The young women and the women I grew into -- she's still there but in some ways I can't feel her --

I guess as I'm not looking to any gay life yet - I've not come into that world -- I'm in this new world and identity yet I'm not using it as sure -- the desire to tell people has worn off and I don't know when I'll tell my dad -- we are just rebuilding our relationship so it doesn't feel right yet ....

Anyone else's experiences re similar would be good to hear ...
    Today I feel alone with the new me ... Looking back and mourning the old me

2. bi2me

I can understand that. I think sometimes I go back and forth. At times I feel totally at peace with my current situation, and then I get angsty.