1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do I get through this situation?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by simpleLife, Jan 29, 2016.

1. simpleLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi everyone,

Since the last time I came out to my mother for the first time at my 28th age, I thought thing may become better....
    But, I still can not fully come out to everyone, especially to workplace....

I am 29 already, single, virgin(are you surprised?), part of it is due to my introverted personality, so I know the major problem is at my side and it's up to me to overcome myself and being outgoing. But, I still don't know how and every time I want to, I am worrying about other stuffs like work and studying..

Some web posts suggest we can join clubs where gay people share common hobby/interest, or professional society? Do these work out? Are these also the ways that gay people find their partners? thanks, everyone

2. ariverinegypt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The easiest would be to through Meetup.com and join any LGBT group that appeals to your interest. There are countless non-scene meetups for LGBT like Nintendo Gay Bros or 20s LGBT meetup and Gay Guys Group that have events that may cater to a hobby that you are interested. Some of them are discussions about issues faced by LGBT people if you like to learn. So yeah pretty much the same as the straight world. Good luck!

3. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is a good thing to do. Less pressure than a club or a bar. You can get to know people as friends first.

It is still not easy if you are a shy person. But the rewards are worth it.

good luck!