1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

straight up until now!? or what the fudge going on

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by koza, Feb 10, 2016.

1. koza

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am almost middle aged, up until now all I was interested was in men and even thinking about women in any sexual way was making me kinda neah not even interested to try. May be around 18 when I was in the army my staff sergeant who was a woman, I found myself thinking about her a lot but it was gone fairly fast. 17 years later, I have a coworker which I know she's a lesbian i find myself soo sexually attracted to her, it is driving me crazy! all i think about is her! i dont find other women sexually attractive but just that girl! all I want is kiss her hug her and just be with her, but when ever I think about actually sex not sure if I want that... like I would love her to do things to me but I dont feel like I would like return the favor.... we've been chatting recently she knows I am straight, I've been married for years and men r my major interest. but when I am with her I dont even want any men... just her! and since we work together it doesnt seem like a good idea to even attempt anything, and if I just stop seeing her I might get over but damn it we r partners and now more and more often. and I dont really have anybody I could talk to and this seems like the best place with no judgment or anything like that:bang::help:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

One of the weird things I've discovered in middle age is that I'm not done learning about myself. I'm finding out that I like things that I didn't care about before. My interests are changing. I'm still coming up with new ways to fill my time and entertain myself. Part of that might be just self-discovery. I never really thought of X, and now that I do, hey, X is pretty cool. And part of that might be simple change. We are dynamic creatures all, and we change as the years go by. (Thankfully. Or we'd still be eating strained beets for dinner.) And frankly, the exact cause doesn't truly matter.

The real question is -"well, now what?" If you were single, and this woman didn't work with you, the answer would be obvious - ask her out. But you're not, and she does. So the smart move is to not pursue this at all.

Does she know of your feelings for her?

Lex

3. koza

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i don't know, she seems flirty with me, touches me, gives me hugs and I am like OMG please don't stop!! she lets me touch her, so I don't know...
    I am not a very attractive person and she been telling me about this and that a hot chick and I am not even close to that category she's attracted to (we work kinda public jobs so meet a lot of people)
    it is so hard to resist not giving her a kiss, almost makes me want to book off sick when i am scheduled with her, and than i think about that little time i can spend with her.
    and i am afraid to say anything...

4. afgirl

I saw a lot of me in this one. My now gf is a lesbian and we had known each other for a couple years being coworkers but only had the chance to really get to talk at a friend's gathering. I ended up having this major crush on her, and at the same time, something was happening with her regarding her feelings for me. We've been together almost six months and I don't miss being with a man at all. She's it for me. What does that make me? I guess bisexual, but I'm not completely comfortable with that just yet. I've quit obsessing about the label at this point. I just like a girl.

5. bright skies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Very similar situation to me! I've never thought I may be attracted to women in that way, I'd admire women but have thought that was because I'd like to have the same qualities. I've been with my childhood sweetheart 18 yrs and now all of a sudden I'm totally in love with a gay colleague at work! When she kissed me it felt right and normal which I wasn't prepared for. I have thought I'm strange, weird a freak and have been suffering guilt for 6 months. The more I search and question the more I realise I'm not the only one and maybe all these years I have surpressed the real me because of prejudiced people around me. I'm starting to remember subtle things that have happened over the years which could of been clues to my sexuality that I had brushed off and ignored.

6. Birdie145

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi, I'm coming up to middle age too. I'm looking back, realising all those years are gone for good and feel I don't want to waste any more of my precious time, life and be looking back in my 70's/80's regretting I wasn't honest with my self let alone anyone else.

My family especially my parents are very prejudiced people too.

7. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've seen other people here on EC say that they have a "One exception" to their sexuality, AKA one person that they would want to be with regardless of their normal preference.

Also, sexuality isn't definite. The Kinsey scale is a much more accurate representation- for example you might be a 1 or 2. I'm a 5.
    Even so, sexuality is fluid. So if you haven't felt like this before, don't worry about it. Honestly, that might have just been subconscious repression or dismissal of your feeling because of the way you grew up.

8. Distant Echo

Hmmm....so not straight after all...
    Sounds like she is your trigger crush. That person who makes you question your sexuality, and reevaluate your whole life.

Nows the time to take a long hard look at yourself and see what label fits...gay, bi, lesbian, queer....

Then the questions are, what do you want to do about it, and about her?

And welcome. You've come to the right place.

9. afgirl

A trigger crush? That's a new one for me. Yes, I've also thought about little things I've said and done over the years. I think you can drive yourself mad trying to find a label...so I kind of gave up on that but still trying to gain a little knowledge.

10. Distant Echo

It took me almost nine years to find my label, well, labels. I call myself gay more than lesbian, and sometimes I simply go with queer. But, I know, and am comfortable knowing, that I am only interested in women.

11. koza

Out Status:
    Not out at all

the things is I don't know what to do... First of all she will never try anything cause she thinks I am straight I don't think she knows how I feel about her, and I am afraid to start anything if I can't be sure or understand what is going on with me, it feels just not fair to her. I think she might be feeling something towards me but I don't know may be its just my mind is tricking me or wishful thinking... Second we both work a fairly public job in a small redneck community, also I could never be in a relationship with her because of my family and where I am coming from, I've been, fairly to say, raised that gay is something to be ashamed of, I never felt anything against gays I always thought live and let live, but it still in the back of my mind... And it also feels unfair to her that it is something that I will have to hide...
    Tho people at work know she's gay and have no problem with that, but people know I am not ... And I know it's stupid to even care what people think specially at my age, but it's something that I just can't help myself ..
    I am also not sure if I will be able to have sex to her in the same way I want her to me...If that makes sense...
    And then I see her and everything I mentioned above just doesn't matter.. And all I want is freaking kiss her, touch her, or just give her a hug
    In couple of days I have a shift with her, and on one hand I am scared to stay alone cause I don't think I can not touch her but on the other hand I just can't wait to stay alone with her.
    I can't sleep I can't eat just thinking how much I want to see her and how much I want her! feels like a teenage crush

---------- Post added 17th Feb 2016 at 11:56 PM ----------

Don't think I could label myself anytime soon if ever

#11 koza, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  12. Really

Hi koza,

I couldn't tell from your post, are you married now? If you aren't, I wouldn't worry about her thinking you're straight just from your history. Lots of gay women lived as straight before they realized or could do something about it.

Even if your jobs are public, it's not like you two are going to be having sex at work so...

Just take things one step at a time. It helps to break things down into manageable pieces. You'll get there. :slight_smile:

13. koza

Out Status:
    Not out at all

No I am not married any more, I am single now
    What would be the best way to find out if she's into me... There is something going on ( she's not very emotion sharing person) like for instance we worked last night for few hours and we were alone in this apartment I laid on a couch to have a nap, she came over and covered me with a blanket, than occasional hugs, and touching...

14. Distant Echo

The next she hugs you, and you are alone....make it very clear that you are hugging her back....

15. koza

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I usually return an occasional touch, well and actually yesterday was kinda I think a good sign on my part... Now don't judge So after my nap we had to go, and my bra was kinda uncomfortable I was driving and couldn't stop, so she asked if I need help, so I said yeah sure if u can undo it... She did... Than when I took it off she kinda played with it... I think that was fairly clear on my part.. When we got back I jokingly said thanks for the help, she said any time but after that it was it...

16. Really

Gadzooks! You don't need any help from us! You've already had her hand up your shirt! Kudos.

I'd say if you're comfortable with everything so far, just go with the flow. You might want to be prepared to come out to her either actively or by admitting you like women if she asks.

17. koza

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Lol Really...
    The thing is I am not interested in girls... At least for now it's just her...
    But from the mentioned above does that seems she's interested... Cause being regected while working together... Will be awkward...

18. Really

Well, from what I've gathered, girls are like potato chips. Once you've had one, it's hard to stop.

It doesn't sound like you'll be rejected but you may want to be clear that you like her like her so she doesn't worry if you're just a straight playing her for attention.

19. koza

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Really, how would u do that... ( well I guess that will explain why she's not going with it anywhere )

20. Really

I'll think about it and get back to you. It's kind of late and I fear I might type nonsense, if I haven't already.