1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Valentine

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Sonetto, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Sonetto

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi all my EC friends!

I hope you have a day full of love and warmth today. Not all of us can get the exact type of romance that we wish to experience in life but, I believe, love has so many faces and it is always abundant in the air that we breathe. We can get it in one form or another at any moment we wish. I think it should be more obvious for us who have broadly contemplated on the true meaning of love and being in connection with other human beings. I have actually found a big portion of that widespread love here in EC, in your threads and the care and the empathy that you show for other members. I would like to thank you all for broadening my perspective on the matter of love and wish you a happy Valentine's Day!

No better love than love with no object,
    no more satisfying work than work with no purpose.
    If you could give up tricks and cleverness,
    that would be the cleverest trick!

-- "Rumi- Persian Poet"

By the way, this thread seems to be the 4000th thread of this forum. I am not sure how accurate the numbering is but I take it a as sign of good omen for me :slight_smile:

#1 Sonetto, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  2. idsm

Kinda late to answer, but

Happy ValentineĀ“s Day!

I personally am not a big fan of this day -well, technically my church does not even celebrate it- but I am all for those who believe in the meaning behind it (minus the commercial/consumer part of it).

(*hug*)

3. driedroses

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My 15-year-old says every year - explain to me again why we have a romantic holiday to celebrate a massacre? Yep, he's a romantic! :lol: Happy (late) Valentine's day to all.

4. zuice

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The secret to living a happy single life is to be grateful that Valentine's' s Day is only once a year at one's workplace.