1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi there, how are you all?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by baristajedi, Feb 15, 2016.

1. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone :slight_smile:

I've been away from the board for a while, but missing the conversations on this board.
    How's everyone doing? Anyone feel like sharing in this thread, please do.

I tbh have kind of taken a step back, and have been pouring all of my energy into my daughter. All the hard questions and emotions that came with coming out to me took a lot of my energy and I felt like she was bearing the brunt of that.

So.... Now I'm slowly and more gently looking at what it all means.

That's where things are for me. How are you all doing?

#1 baristajedi, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  2. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fabulous to see you again...welcome back!

Life remains characteristically crazy for me...job, theatre, writing, trying to unravel how to deal with my desires...

Remind us how old your daughter is? And is she in touch with your sexuality and what that means to you?

3. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like you're keeping busy!

I guess it's a long journey, maybe a life long one, to unravel how to deal with our desires/feelings/identity.

My daughter's 3, so no, she doesn't really have any clue about my orientation. We talk about stuff in an age appropriate way, but it's all about her and her feelings. Like when she says "I love (insert friend from nursery)" or talks about what girls do vs what boys do, etc. And of course we talk about the general stuff, like about having 2 mommies or 2 daddies, when that comes out in her questions about what she hears/sees in the world around her. My identity will come up organically as her understanding of relationships grows. I plan to be open with her. But it will be a while.

You have kids, right? Are you open with them? How did you handle that? (if it's not too personal).

#3 baristajedi, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016