1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi curious

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by alexy2210, Feb 16, 2016.

1. alexy2210

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am a 47 year old married man and have been having urges to be lightly intimate with another man.I dont understand why I am feeling this way but the feelings are just getting stronger and I dont know what to do about them

2. Pacmaneater101

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really feel sorry for you. maybe slowly talk to your wife about, these 'urges'.

3. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lightly intimate, such as hugging and kissing, or erm, jerking off each other?

Although, apparently it's common for a normally straight guy to feel bi/gay urges later on in his life? Though troublesome if married. Of course, you could try talking to your wife about it first. Or, if you feel that she won't be...somewhat understanding or accepting towards your urges, you could talk to a friend? Simply talking to anyone would be a good start, and you can work slowly from there.

4. alexy2210

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    pretty much what you said but no sex.

5. Innsanchez

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    be the person who you think you are and embrace it, and don't forget your priorities (wife) tell her first before anyone, from there you can start finding the real you :slight_smile:

6. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've moved this thread over to LGBT Later In Life, purely because I know there are a few members there that have experience with married life! :slight_smile: You may also want to start a thread the Sexual Orientation forum. Either way, hopefully you'll get some more advice and support outside of Chit-Chat (which is generally reserved for general discussion).

7. Mikelhpc228

HI
    Some questions to consider before acting on your feelings;
    How long have you been married, are you having communication problems?
    Are you getting along in your marriage or bickering/fighting.
    Do you have a healthy, happy &/or regular sex life with your wife, life or do you feel something is missing?
    Have you had any same sex experiences or attractions as boy, teen, or young man?
    Perhaps, after consdierong these questions, you might be having relationship issues, and not bi-curious. Good luck on your journey.

8. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As guys who are 47 and mid-50s, you grew up in a different generation where it was less accepted to be gay, and that's putting it charitably. Lack of role models made it difficult to make sense of our attractions to other guys and we may have attributed them to something else, such as envy of boys with GF. Because of these lessons from society, parents, church or friends that being gay is bad, we decided to ignore our attraction to other guys and be "normal" and take a wife and have a family. As we approach midlife, these attractions come back in full force, causing us to question our choices earlier in life.

The questioning period at midlife is typical for men who have repressed their true sexuality. It's a wakeup call that needs to be answered.

alexy2210 - Can you tell us more about your experience? Do you remember feeling attraction to other boys growing up or to other guys during your life?

#8 SiennaFire, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016