1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this how it feels to be HAPPY?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Gagirl1019, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Gagirl1019

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd been married to a man for 11 years (2 kids), 2 years ago I started coming out to my husband-it didn't go smoothly ....

One year ago this weekend I moved out, it was very difficult at first but we shared the kids equally, we can get along when we need to and slowly everyone has gotten used to the idea.

I had resolved to just focus on raising my kids, paying my bills and stay as deep in the closet as possible -given the ultra conservative area where I live.

Last October, just by chance, I met this amazing girl... A girl who makes me want to throw open those bolted closet doors and be her very public girlfriend! I can't even wrap my head around the idea considering where I was only 1 year ago. I guess the purpose of my post is to reaffirm anyone who's deep in the closet, wondering where life will take you next... Each day has gotten better and better and all the stress and anxiety that had built up trying to live the "life everyone expected" is gone and I have never been so happy or felt so free!

2. MayButterfly

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    That's awesome!!! :slight_smile: I needed to see a positive post like this today.

3. Adray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you, that is awesome! (*hug*)

I need inspiration too, so thank you for sharing. You rock!

4. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you so much for sharing your journey - you did so right at the moment when I really needed to hear it actually works out for some after all.

Same amount of married years, same amount of kids, told my husband about attraction to a woman, did not go smoothly at all.. Anyway, just waiting it out to see what life will throw at me or for me next. Meanwhile many internal questions, struggles, emotions. I am probably at initial stages of what you've gone through and accomplished. Don't know which way it will take me.

I am so happy for you meeting a wonderful girlfriend, love to read such and awesome story. Wish you all best!:slight_smile:

5. Chrissy81

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Gagirl, I'm happy for you! :slight_smile:

It sounds like you are in a good place, and that your love for your girlfriend gives you all the incentive you need to really shake off that closet. It's good for me personally to hear, because I feel I miss something like that in my life. I understand that I have never truly been in love, and I think the whole coming out process would be much easier if you have such a powerfull allied. Well, one thing at a time I guess :wink:

6. Shadowsylke

That's so amazing, Gagirl! My experience was similar. It's painful and confusing, but it can and does work out in the end. You never know where life will take you if you just open yourself up to the possibilities. Glad to hear your story. We need more stories like yours! :icon_bigg