1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not in touch with HS or College mates

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Chicagoblue, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Chicagoblue

But I sure wish I could get back in touch with the ones who have come out. I'm sure there are many.

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not having spoken for over twenty years, a college friend of mine reached out to me after hearing from a mutual friend that I was living abroad and he was going to be in town to visit. What I was unaware of, was that he married a guy (although I always suspected he was gay), and what he was unaware of was my coming out which I had not shared at that point in time with any of my college friends.

We got together for dinner and both had our surprises revealed.

What actually surprised me most was how he started yelling at me in the middle of the restaurant; expressing how he had fallen for me in college but I did not reciprocate.

It's been over a year since we got together. We are now good friends talking to each other regularly.

3. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Many colleges have LGBT groups for alumni that may be an effective way to reconnect, either online or during reunion time.

4. Chicagoblue

Yeah this whole thing just came out of the blue the other night. I had so many close guy friends in college. Mainly sports and drinking (but also serious study), Lots of wrestling, punching, farting. Major fun.