1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biromantic/Bisexual/Lesbian?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Orchidea123, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know that I will love myself no matter who I am and what I do :icon_wink
    So many thoughts and questions going through my mind ( your opinion really counts )

Being married to a man and falling in love with a woman: Doesn't this eliminate my candidacy for lesbian? The most I can be is bisexual?

Not having any intimate experience with any woman but having feelings for at least one: Is it safe to conclude I am biromantic and that's as far as it goes?

I suspect previously or currently hetero married people have more complex path to get through to define who they are.
    Looking into the future, either I go through life as hetero biromantic married lady, or some day I will get through this maze and be fully open to whoever the heck I am.

#1 Orchidea123, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  2. YeahpIdk

Nope!

Maybe!

I wouldn't eliminate or conclude anything just yet. You'll be certain when you're certain.

I had feelings for "just one girl"... until she was out of my life and I started finding others attractive, too.

Try to stop questioning. I know that's really hard, but it helped me a lot. To just let myself be. This, of course, took at least a year and a half to get to, so just be patient and give it some time(*hug*)

3. cakepiecookie

You're confusing behaviour with attraction. You could be with men exclusively your whole life and still be gay if you're exclusively attracted to women (not saying that you *are*, just speaking hypothetically). Who you date/marry/sleep with is behaviour; who you're attracted to is a feeling.

Also, you don't necessarily need to have sexual experience with a woman to identify as bi or gay. Some people don't know for sure until they experiment, but others know for sure without ever having tested the theory.

I don't mean to imply that there's anything wrong with questioning or not knowing for sure! It took me years to figure it out as well, and even now I still waver sometimes. I'm just saying that behaviour and attraction are two different things.

4. Distant Echo

Nope. I have kids, I came to the same conclusion. I must be bi. Convinced myself of that for almost 9 years. Then realised, literally overnight, I am lesbian. That finally felt right.

And note what you wrote....married to a man, in love with a woman....compare how you feel about your husband, and how you felt about him in the past, to how you feel about the woman....

You may be bi....you may be lesbian. At the end of the day it's about what feels right for you, and only you can know what that will be...

I found even when identifying myself as bi, in my head I was calling myself gay...it took a lot to let myself listen.

Always here to talk if you want to....do what is right for you. :wink:

#4 Distant Echo, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  5. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have identified as bisexual for 16 years (whole adult life basically!) so pretty sure that's what I am . I am in a relationship with a man now but have previously been in a relationship with a woman. I know some people are sure of their orientation without having had the experience but perhaps for you if/when that happens it will help clarify? I think it helped for me.