1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm young, why am I worried about this already?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by devotions, Mar 10, 2016.

1. devotions

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So you're probably going to read this and you're going to think a) I am incredibly vain and b) why is this posted in this subforum??? But just to clarify I am posting it here because I thought it was more related to this subforum and because I wanted responses mostly from older LGB people.

But anyway here's what's been on my mind lately: I know that I love girls, and I can see myself entering into a long-term relationship with one. But what worries me is that as I get older and she gets older that we won't be as attracted to each other and the love will sort of die down... I've heard that this is especially the case for older lesbian couples. And I wanted to hear your guys' experience. Is this a valid thing to be worried about? If you're in a relationship and you and your partner are older, do you still fool around from time to time and enjoy doing it? Or do you stop altogether? Idk I guess I'm just curious. I don't really know any older LGB people in my life that well so yeah..

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love for one another grows with age, like a fine wine.

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree. I would say the way you love each other changes over time, but it doesn't die. I met my husband when I was 28 and we are both now in our early 40's and if I'm being honest I love him more now than I ever have. It's not the same as the giddy feeling when we first met and we've had to work hard at our relationship sometimes, but that's to be expected. If you approach a relationship in a mature and (sometimes) sensible way and dig in when times are rough you can have an amazing time together.