1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's LGBT love like when you get older?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by atomic dorito, Mar 14, 2016.

1. atomic dorito

Hello, Atomic Dorito here, I'm young, and I was wondering what it is like to be of old age and love someone of the same sex? is it still wild and passionate? or does it become more of a partnership? I don't want to wait until I am old to find out, I want to look forward to something, could some older lesbians and gays describe the feeling please? It woulld only benefit me.:icon_bigg:lol:frowning2:!):thumbsup::smilewave:grin:

2. Kiran

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How about an older bi person?

It depends on a person. Depends on a couple, how long they're a couple etc.
    Look forward to every day, don't think about future so much. Enjoy now

3. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi atomic dorito,

Welcome to EC :welcome:

In 2016 loving someone of the same-sex has the same potential relationships as loving someone of the opposite-sex. If you want to get married and start a family, you can look forward to that. If you don't want to get married, you can look forward to that. In fact, you can look forward to whatever relationship you want. Love is love.

#3 SiennaFire, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Atomic Dorito, welcome to EC! :welcome:

Here's the scoop: wild passion can happen at any moment in your life, young or old. It is up to you to keep your heart of gold shining and open to all possibilities. If you are in a long-term relationship, it is up to you to keep the fire going, even if, after a few years, they are but glowing embers giving off a steady warmth.

In the seasons of life, there are times and places for passion, and that passion can be directed not only to the person we love, but to the work that we do and the legacy we want to leave behind.

I am soon going to be 56, and I am in a new and loving gay relationship...there is no lack of passion, I can assure you! :grin: