1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A response to a PM I received...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by greatwhale, Mar 23, 2016.

1. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Greetings!

I just now responded to a question via PM. It is a response that, I believe, is worth sharing with the wider group (with all due regard to maintaining the questioner's anonymity):

2. TXTurbo90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Very well explained! Kudos to you for taking the time to respond to a PM with that much detail and thought (*hug*)

I know this is something that I struggled with in the past, as I rarely experience physical attraction to someone... And they never have overlapped. If the person was a woman that I was attracted to at that point, I never had any males that I was attracted to at that same point in time, and vice-versa.

That combined with a very fluid change in what gender I was looking to date at a given time made it very difficult to place myself into a "group" within the LGBT community. I think the best thing to do is just go with whatever you're feeling at the time, and not think too much into it. It can be maddening trying to figure out where you are in a scale when you are a perpetually moving point on that scale. :bang: