1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I on the right track?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Orchidea123, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Am I on the right track?

It's always been that I've only had positive feelings regarding her (and trying to get over her for some time).
    Her and I were not close at all, and unfortunately for me I fell for my first girl crush, unreciprocated.

So, recently when I see her I don't have as much " she is so amazing and nearly perfect" thought..

It is more like resentment mixed with clarity of realization:
    "She made me feel like sh..t so many times(unintentionally and maybe sometimes intentionally)" and
    "I deserve a LOT better than this" from anyone, be it acquaintance or a friend.

I was expecting to arrive to more neutral state of mind to finally be over her..
    How do I get rid of these emotions??

2. afgirl

Well, it's probably not what you want to hear, but it's usually just a matter of time, and sometimes it takes longer than expected.

3. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Actually this is what I would like to hear - that it is just a matter of time..

#3 Orchidea123, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  4. YeahpIdk

Yup. Just time and until you find something else to fill that space. It's been a year since me and mine spoke. Almost a year and a half since I told her my feelings. And over two years since I met her. I still think about her semi often. But she goes away more and more with time. :slight_smile: