1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting intimate...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by dirtyshirt84, Mar 30, 2016.

1. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just a hypothetical for me at the moment but I'm curious...how did people who have recently came out feel about having gay/lesbian sex for the first time (or first time in a long time). Were you nervous? Did it live up to your expectations? Were you worried about being inexperienced?

2. CyclingFan

I was super nervous. Really to the point that I wasn't really able to enjoy it. But I did get enough from it that I knew for sure I was on the right track. I was worried about being inexperienced but I was open about it and he was super cool about it.

It's become so much better since I've ditched quite a bit of my shame about it.

3. Rainbows~Exist

I was very nervous... but eager. I had this set fantasy of how I wanted it to be but it didn't end up like that; It turned out to be much better :grin: . Being intimate with someone for the first time was a bit daunting but after he kissed me it too off from there :wink:

4. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm nervous about it, I'm still not at the stage where this will happen for a bit, but when it does, I'm nervous about being inexperienced, like will I please her, and embarrassed about not knowing what I'm doing. I'm eager about the stuff that leads up to it, kissing, etc. Maybe it will be comfortable once things get started... I'm hoping I can just be honest and that the woman I'm with will be understanding.

#4 baristajedi, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  5. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends largely on whether it's a hookup or something more meaningful. In either case it's best to be transparent / vulnerable with your partner about it being new for you. My first same-sex experience was underwhelming yet opened the door to possibilities ...

6. lonewolf79

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was super nervous. I was shaking too, yet it wasn't as bad as I thought though. The first kiss was ... not too bad... not too good, lol ...

Nowadays, it has been so, so, so long, I am nervous all over again and I know I am inexperienced ... hopefully Mr Right will be understanding.

7. afgirl

I was worried about not knowing what I was doing, and it was a very slow process...not like we just hopped into bed one day. She was pretty concerned about my concerns, so that helped a lot. I was really vocal about being worried about the whole thing when we talked---I love that we could just talk to freely about this. Anyway, she said that wasn't anything to be worried about and that we'd both learn each other's bodies and what we both like....and she was exactly right.

#7 afgirl, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  8. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I'm not to this point yet, but I'm a little nervous about it. I really hope that it can be with someone playful, that we can laugh and be silly, and that we don't have to be "goal driven" and just enjoy the process and whatever comes.

9. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for all the replies, I have a lot of the same concerns.

When I got together with my ex-girlfriend when I was 19 I wasn't nervous, but we were already really close friends and took it slowly as it was new to both of us. I think I was a lot more fearless back then!

It has been 10 years since I slept with a woman though so I know I would be nervous. As a lot of people mentioned I guess being honest is best and the right partner would be understanding.

10. Forhim

My first hook-up I was ok didn't really bother me, I was a little nervous. But the first time it was a meaningful, I was a nervous as all get out, but once it started I knew for a fact this was what I was missing in my life.