1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little frustrated...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by CameronMR, Apr 6, 2016.

1. CameronMR

A few of you may remember me, I've been working through final exams and practicum schedules so i haven't been around much.

In a nutshell for those who don't know me, I came out in October of last year. I am still living in the same house as my ex and it's been a challenge.

I'm pretty much at my wits end with his attitude, I've tried to end our relationship with as much grace as possible, I've tried to consider his feelings and hope difficult this is for him and I've tried to make it as smooth of a transition as possible.

But...

I can't stand to be around him. I can't stand to be around his kids. He called me a dumbass in front on my kids. He barges in when i an in there bathroom (i someone's forget to lock the door) then when i close the door on him and demand my privacy he said "whatever, I've seen you naked before" and i get so angry because he seems to think that just because we had a physical relationship in they past, he can continue to invade my privacy. Then he wonders why I'm mad! Ive tried explaining consent to him, but he just called me anal retentive. I'm so entirely done with this BS! He does not respect my decision, my life, my wishes or my personal space. He tells me he turned me gay and he's trying to turn me back by being nice. He offered my rub lotion on my feet and like an idiot i let him, so he took my inch then stole a mile by putting his hands all up my legs! Then got all insulted when i told him to stop! I won't make that mistake again!!

2. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aw hun, I'm so sorry he's putting you through this :frowning2:. How much longer until you are able to be in separate households? This must be so stressful. Big hugs. (*hug*)

#2 baristajedi, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  3. Bazinga87

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm so sorry you have to live with this asshole. I hope you can get out as soon as possible. It's not a healthy situation to be in and for your own sanity you need to get out. No one deserves that kind of treatment and I wish I could help with more than just words. You're in my thoughts and I'm sending you much love. Your courage to admit what you are is the first step but to find your happiness is the next

#3 Bazinga87, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  4. cate1515

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm right there with you. still living with my husband and 7 y.o. He knows I am a lesbian and I have a girlfriend (who is also married still living with her husband and kids). My husband cant accept anything. He thinks I can change back also. He is very angry. Texts me like 100x a day. Its been a rough year.

5. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's sounds very unpleasant. I hope you can move out soon. If you are in states and you haven't moved out because of finacials, consider HUD housing that isn't 100% section 8. There are apartments that are 30% etc..HUD. The mixed property's are almost always better locations for kids. You can get info at the housing authority in your city.

6. SlowBurn

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Sounds awful :frowning2: Oddly, I have an ex husband that would barge in on me while in the bathroom and I hated it, but thought I deserved it (my childhood involved zero privacy, including my sisters showing my only friend my diary and laughing about it...and I accepted it as normal). I see now that he was the ass and I deserve whatever privacy I ask for.

I hope you can get out of your situation sooner rather than later, for your own mental health.

7. CameronMR

I gave his until the end of the year to get his own finances together. I am almost done school and will be working. My graduation is May 27! I am both excited and terrified! lol half the time my ex treats me well and we get along, and I dont mind spending some times with him. (not too much though! I didnt even like hanging out with him too much when we were together) We still go see movies, and have dinner together, we just fight a lot more.

I am constantly keeping my ear out for resources and opportunities and I am always looking at places to rent.