1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on having a child..

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by cory212, Apr 7, 2016.

1. cory212

Even though I'm very young, I think this is the ultimate goal that I sould have to achieve in my lifetime.

I don't know If it's egotistical, it's just this need to pass down on things I would have learned thus far, make up my own little "experiment" of a person to continue on my legacy. what are your thoughts on this?

I hate it when straight parents bring up issues against the lgbt community like "if you let your kids get too exposed to that stuff then there's no continuation of your family line from that point on"... I'm anxious that this might be true.. Has anyone ever shared the same angst as well?

I don't even care about giving my parents a grandkid, it's simply about me wanting one for myself and I've explained the reasons briefly on the above.

Provided that I'm going to have the time and the resources to take proper care of one, how should I approach and fully educate myself on this issue?? Is surrgate mothering realistic?

I'm in a bad place in my life right now and I just feel the need to see things as they really are. Yes this is a far fetched goal, but is it achievable?

2. CameronMR

surrogate mothers are expensive,and what "family line" are you carrying on? genetic or, more importantly, values? Consider what that means to you, and make a choice based on what you feel is right for you. F**k what other parents think or say, no matter what the situation, they will always find something to judge you for whether you are a part of the LGBTQ community or not.

I hope this bad place in life you find yourself works out for the better. I beleive your goal is acheivable, but it will take a lot of hard work and dedication to make it happen, an that is just the start.

3. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well we were two women so it was easy to conceive our own child via an anonymous sperm donor. We used California Cryobank. But you would be looking for a surrogate mother. That would get expensive. You could also look into adoption. Two gay friends of ours adopted two beautiful children at a very young age.

4. cory212

Thanks for answering. About the "family line", well from my father's side I'm the only male since his siblings never had kids. I feel a little pressure in carrying on the name for example or whatever other characteristic. I don't really know if there's even importance in that for me personally but I know it would be to them.

Sometimes I think they had a second one, my little sister, just to make sure about the "family line" thing because it's a fact they were suspecting I would be gay from an early age, even though we've never spoken about it.

---------- Post added 7th Apr 2016 at 03:48 PM ----------

Well having someone together with you in this is always nice. I just can't see into this right now for many reasons. Whatever confidence I'm trying to build into myself is in things that I can do on my own.

5. Anonymous

Queerness is not hereditary, and it is not taught. It's a pretty random psychological trait. You have about a fifteen percent chance of having a gay kid. That's the same percentage as straight people have. You can't teach somebody to be gay, just like you can't teach somebody to be straight. Being exposed to your parents straightness didn't make you heterosexual, right?