1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Since I found my crush online...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by brians34, Apr 7, 2016.

1. brians34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Since I found my crush online and my wife found a comment I sent to him and we had a discussion, I find myself looking at men much more than what I used to.

I find myself so much closer to wanting to come out and just be me. It's so hard standing in this closet, but I have to get finances in order and make sure she is going to be able to take care of herself before I can even think about leaving.

I just find myself more and more in want every time I see a man I'm attracted to, it gets harder every day.

2. HereWeGo

I was just talking with my therapist a couple hours ago about this. I feel so driven to try out this other life I've suppressed, but I want to figure out the money thing. I said I can't afford to move out. We can barely pay our mortgage as it is. How am I going to furnish a second place let alone pay rent? He said maybe a roommate situation. I never thought I would have to be a roommate in my 40s.

Anyway, I say all this because we talked about my wife and I figuring out a solution together instead of it being all on me.

So maybe state your intention, then work on the next step as a couple?

3. MS001

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Question: why don't you guys act like roommates with your wives instead of acting like a couple if you don't really want to be a couple with your wives?

4. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Brian

If I recall, you and your wife are not intimate. So, I am wondering why being monogamous is an issue. You have no intention of staying in the marriage and only want to get the household in financial shape, yes? So, why not "step out"? I am not suggesting cheating. I am suggesting that you have a talk with your wife about an interim arrangement that allows you fulfill your needs.