1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yesterday Was Long

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by FalconBlueSky00, Apr 9, 2016.

1. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My husband was in the VA yesterday getting routine blood work done and passed out. He came around but was very confused and his blood pressure was like 60/40. Really got the doctors hopping. They think it's because he was dehydrated and the new meds he's been on. Doc was on the fence about sending him to ER and decided to keep him for monitoring for a while. Whole thing was like 7 hours. We're both exhausted today.

It's been a rough year with family, and freinds. I'm going to see a therapist on Tuesday, things have been building up till I'm not sure how to sort out this much at once. I keep waiting for a things to calm down to come out, but I'm beginning to wonder if calm exist still. Guess I'm just feeling down, I'm going to sleep in tomorrow for as long as I want, it will be great.

2. aceabegq

Out Status:
    A few people
    That sounds like quite a day, and sounds like a well needed rest is a good way to get over the exhaustion. Hope you enjoy your lie in, (*hug*)

3. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Bunny. Sending hugs! Hope your husband is feeling better today. Definetly rest up and take it easy. Sure things will calm down in time X

4. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh, that sounds exhausting! I hope they get the blood pressure and other issues figured out quickly, for both your sake's. I use the VA and have gotten pretty good care, with the exception of being bounced around a bit initially. I hope your hubby is getting good care - I hear horror stories that chill & boil my blood.

I'm glad you've got a therapist appt - self-care is soooo important! It's just like the airplane oxygen masks - first, you put yours on, then you assist others getting theirs on. You can't help people if YOU BECOME a casualty of this trauma you guys are going through.

Sending Texas-sized hugs your way!

5. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate the long distance hugs.

MsEmma- He is getting great care. Dealing with the VA takes time, but I haven't seen any of the horror stories that people talk about. I've been impressed with the level of care.