1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking a deep breath

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Distant Echo, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Distant Echo

Some of you know I've been really struggling with a few things lately. I changed my username for safety reasons and I've barely posted on here for a while.

Well. Now I feel like I need to say a few things. I'd kind of rather not get a lot of comments though.. I don't want congrats or anything like that. This is just me saying this out loud...sort of.

I am no longer identifying as lesbian. I am identifying as gay, or queer, or not remotely straight. Lesbian doesn't fit. At all.
    Firstly because it's not just women I'm attracted to. I'm attracted to agender, nb and the like as well. For me a lesbian is a woman who is attracted to women. It's not that simple for me. So. No more lesbian.

But.

I am now, tentatively, trying it on for size, identifying as genderfluid. Which I realize now is how I've always felt. But I didn't know there was a word for it. That may change as I come to terms with accepting is other part of myself. But right now, genderfluid feels right.

So, hi from this genderfluid queer.

---------- Post added 11th Apr 2016 at 01:11 PM ----------

And please, no mention of my previous username in here

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)