1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the open communication started last night...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Bazinga87, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Bazinga87

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I posted in the coming out section already about the other night talking with the wife so I won't go into that. There wasn't a lot of questions or anything from her then. She was shocked and needed time to process.

So if you don't know I'm bi or pan depending how you want to label me. I like woman, men, and mtf trans so whatever that label is that's what I am lol.

Okay so last night my wife and I had a very long discussion. She had been googleing "my husband is bi" all week since we talked and had processed a lot of stuff and finally had questions for me. She is afraid a guy is going to steal me from her and is still trying to be okay with the thought of me even being with a guy. Which is totally okay to me. I know this is a process but I think we are on the right path.

I guess I'm posting just to share there's not any real questions I have for everyone just want to let whoever cares where Im at in my journey. So I told her that there's no way I'm going to find someone else and leave her. I want us both to have fun with this. Told her I'm not looking for love just some friends and some nsa fun. She gets it but is still processing that. I think we are on our way to an open marriage. Someone suggested a book called opening up and I'm going to get the audio version to listen to her with so we can get some perspective together.

The best part of last night was probably the revelation that she is open to exploring with a woman... So I might not only be bi but I may be in a bi marriage as well. I'm just so glad I found all of you and thanks to everyone that helped me through this.

One last thing is I am not sharing this to brag or anything. I really feel for people that didn't get the same experience when coming out to a spouse. I hate that society has trained so many to freak out about these things for bis and made gays scared to step out of the closet. I wanted to share because anyone that's helped or read my posts deserves to know how my journey is going. Can't just post my problems then disappear you know.

So all in all I'll keep everyone updated and I cannot stress enough how thankful I am for the EC community and everyone that I've talked to on here. You all have given me the courage to open the line of communication that I didn't think I would ever have. You all have a special place in my heart (&&&)

2. Stuart3247

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This is quite exciting. Good for you and good for your wife.

Years ago, I participated in the National Sex and Drug Forum in San Francisco. One of the founders of that program used to say, "there are a finite number of orifices and pleasure spots in the human body and a finite number of ways of connecting to them."

I've found that helpful in forming my views of my own sexuality and that of others.

Sounds like you have some exciting days ahead. Thanks for sharing.

3. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bazinga - this is great news!! I'm so happy for you and it's gray to hear that your wife is so open and supportive. It sounds like you know what you want and that you are making great progress getting there.:thumbsup:

4. Bazinga87

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Stuart thank you. Thats quite a quote but it's very true. I'll have to remember that one.

Baristajedi thank you as well. I couldn't have done it without great people like you that helped me process things and gave me encouragement and advice. Everyone gave me the push to get a therapist and just reading about others in similar spots gave me peace of mind that I wasn't alone. I hope you too find your path to happiness and it's better than you ever thought.

5. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's wonderful, I'm glad it went so well.