1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else from Texas?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by brians34, Apr 21, 2016.

1. brians34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I live in Waco, which doesn't have much that I've found in the way of a gay community to help in meeting someone. My age doesn't help either. My attractions are more for black, hispanic, and asian men that also narrows my search.

It seems that all the men I'm interested in live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, Austin, or San Antonio areas. I would think about moving there, but I have 25 years in where I work and after 5 more I can retire. I really don't want to wait that long to find someone, but may have to.

I've downloaded several dating apps and as you know, there aren't a lot of us older guys that use those apps so the majority of the guys I see on there are between the ages of 18 to 30.

I don't do bar or club scenes, but if you have suggestions as to what I can do or where I can go in a smaller place like Waco, I'm all ears.

2. Weston

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't discount the apps until you've tried them. There are legions of young men out there who are looking specifically for older men. You may find yourself more in demand than you can imagine.

3. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I lived in Closet Station...um, I mean College Station for a long time but live in Colorado now. Waco is certainly a challenge when it comes to finding eligible bachelors, but don't give up hope.

I don't know what your faith background is, but perhaps try an open & affirming church?
    Welcome to Central Texas MCC!

See also, Waco : Welcome to Gay Central Texas

Hope this helps!
    ~Emma

4. brians34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks Weston for the encouragement.

Emma, you're funny. I will check out the links you provided. Thank you

5. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Waves from west Texas in a town you haven't heard of. San Angelo has a relatively high
    LGBT population considering the size of the town, lots of Latino this direction, the San Angelo LGBT Facebook is kinda parked in neutral but there are some other sites liked by it that are more active. Fun fact I found out yesterday that the gay man that works at our post office is running for mayor of another near by small town. I hope he wins.

6. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't you find younger more immature guys a bit boring and unnecessarily complicated? I used to have your view Weston, but there are also tons of mature guys that I think would be equally interested!