1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are all the lesbians? :/

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by baristajedi, Apr 26, 2016.

1. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Last night was my second attempt at going out to a gay bar. This one was in the area that I thought was cool and lively...maybe the cool neighbourhood has already moved to s new area (I'm so behind), but granted also it was Monday.

So my night was uneventful but I was comfortable and relaxed and ready to have fun so that's a win.

I went first to a straight bar to just look around on my phone for places to go. Cutest woman tending bar, but I was not courageous or tipsy enough to hit on the bartender at a straight bar. She was kind of tomboy like me and had a great smile and eyes. But I thought, I'll get more courage in the gay bar.

So I went to this so called more popular side of town. The bar was great, nice chill but fun atmosphere. They do drag shows but it says on all the reviews women, men, everyone comes to this place. There were several very cute girls in couples. And so I hung out for a good bit talking to the person next to me who had done the drag show earlier in the night. Asked about where I could find more bars with women, and the answers weren't promising.

That's ok- I have one more area in the city to scope out, and anyway, when I head home I will check out the bars at home with a friend.

So, just sharing my experience.

I'm also looking forward to going to the LGBT events that are arranged in bars when I get back home, I think my chances of meeting women there are higher. I looked for something like that here and didn't see it.

So... until next time.

2. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm right here!

Wait, that's not what you're asking. :wink:

3. CameronMR

I was gonna be cheeky and say that but you beat me to it! lol(!)

4. SpTara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! Why don't you use something like ******? I met my gf through a similar app (it was called Brenda)... And neither of us was looking for a romance or something like that. We talked for a few hours, laughed a lot and as I was leaving town the next day, we decided to have a beer together to at least see the face of that funny person! Two years later... We are leaving together xD

So my point is, social networks and dating apps work to make friends and no-friends :icon_wink

5. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally don't think I would be hitting up bars or clubs if I was on the open market. Maybe you're looking in the wrong places.

6. DancingGirl

I think the LGBT events are the best place to meet like minded folks who aren't just looking for a hookup. Plus uou meet people who have friends. Which opens up your circle of connections.

7. CapColors

ITA with the other posters. I mean *I* would go to a bar (if I were free to do so) because I love the idea of getting drunk and making out on the dance floor. But I wouldn't go to any of the lesbian bars I know to do it because I've heard there aren't any other ladies who go single. It's a frustrating chicken and egg problem, sadly.

8. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It bothers me greatly that there is such a problem with lesbian bars and stuff... I'm still 17 for a few months despite my profile and I wish at 18 I could explode into them but... where are they? Haha. Lots of gay bars where barely any single lesbians ever hang out... We need to fix this, geez.

9. MsAnchor

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Let's go find them

10. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Gay, lesboon, it doesn't matter, we just wanna have a fun toom...

11. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Katchoo and Cameron, I knew someone was going to be cheeky :lol:

I had that coming!

SpTara- I have been using an online site as well, not so much in the past couple of weeks, but that is definitely something I think will help me meet women. I suppose I'm looking for a whole gamut of experiences, to get a well rounded chance to explore all types of sexual, romantic and emotionsl experiences with women. Trying online sites, meetups of all kinds, bars, and whatever else comes to my mind to try.

I have a lot of ground to cover. I'm not looking for one particular experience at this moment, mainly looking to gain experience and explore this side of me.

OutofZCloset, hitting up bars and clubs is meant to satisfy just just one of the types of experiences I'm hoping to explore. I'm doing lots of other things to meet women, but I really would like to meet women who are out just to have some fun.(in addition to meeting in other ways for more solid connections).

Dancinggirl - I'm definitely doing this, I've been going to lots of meet ups.

Cap - so then where do I meet the ladies for this particular type of experience??? All the other methods of meeting women are fine and I'm doing that, but I do want to have some fun and just make out on the dance floor too.

Schach - I hear ya, im so totally with you on this.

MsAnchor - :wink: let's go!

For realz silly goose, I'm with ya.

#11 baristajedi, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016